car insurance providers.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I had Country and there rates were silly high compared to what I pay now. I saved like 600 a year by switching to higher coverage. I would have saved more if I had kept the same coverage. My agent through my bank rate shopped a couple different companies. AAA had the next best rate but I chose SafeCo as they were the cheapest.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have State Farm and couldn't be happier. They were super quick with paperwork and claim money when I've been involved in accidents and my local branch are top notch when it comes to helping find ways to lower my rates. They suggested a bunch of different classifications for my TA to get the rates down. Plus they cover towing costs if it's less than $100. Had my GTP towed this year and they covered everything.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Just don't get Geico.

Those State Farm Commercials are correct - You'll save money with Geico but they gave me more problems when something happened. Also, they were going to fix my wife's g6 when it ended up being totaled by the liable insurance party.

And from another thread, I saw Turk has both his car's on Geico. I would have Geico making any decisions as to repairs on those two nice cars...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've had in this order
Allstate
State farm
AAA

each time my rates have gone down, coverage has stayed the same and service has gone up.

AAA has been great. My agent is roughly my age and super easy to deal with...he's also a cell call away if I need him any time of day.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got Ameriprise about 6 years ago because they sent me a letter after I bought my brand new focus offering a discount for being a first time car buyer. They were the cheapest at the time and I went with them.

3 years later, I had a 2005 Mustang GT (they were still the cheapest for me) that I lost in flooding that I had just purchased for 20K out the door just a month prior...

I explained to them what had happened, they didn't even bother sending an adjuster. Per the lady on the phone: "Due to the presence of water in the motor bay and the recent extreme weather conditions in your area, we are deeming the car a total loss. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will over-night you the balance after the pay-off." They paid-out $22,900 "fair market value", 20K went to ford finance to pay off the car, and I got a check for $1900 the next day ($1000 deductable at the time). I asked if it would increase my rates, and she confirmed it was deemed an act of god because it was flood-damaged and that it would not affect my rates.

I will not even look elsewhere because of how quickly and smoothly they handled it, and highly recommend them.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well all of what you described is basically what any insurance company should and would do in that situation....

it is a comp catastrophe loss... any water in your vehicle in the state of il and it is totalled.

I know, but it was all taken care of in basically 2 days with no involvement on my behalf minus a single phone call. There are a few members on these boards that have had water damage repaired from what I recall.

Reasonable rates, friendly/easy to deal with on the phone, and had a quick resolution for a catastrophic loss.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know, but it was all taken care of in basically 2 days with no involvement on my behalf minus a single phone call. There are a few members on these boards that have had water damage repaired from what I recall.

Reasonable rates, friendly/easy to deal with on the phone, and had a quick resolution for a catastrophic loss.

i definitely understand then for sure.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Despite wanting to boycott Geico for their incessant advertising tactics (commercials, radio, billboards, enough junk mail that I can wallpaper my house) they do have the lowest rates and they'll cover cars others won't. I switched from Esurance because they didn't want to touch the M5.

Progressive was oppressively high. I don't know who's buying their policies. State Farm is consistently higher as is Allstate. I really don't think it matters all that much these days so long as you go through one of the large companies. They might give me shit or try to use recycled parts but I'll gladly save hundreds of dollars a year in exchange for arguing with them about parts on the off chance I need to use the service.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
what kind of luck have you had with your provider?

i have amfam and always have, and have always had great luck...

really considering switching though because their rates seem a lil high lately...

if i do switch i will most likely be going to state farm...

Ive had them for 10 years and they have been good to me, this year I was thinking about switching due to my house insurace going up I got quotes and sent them to amfam and they matched the home insurance for me, the only time ive had a claim I had no issues geting the car fixed

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have Geico for over a year. Had allstate since I was 16 with parents. Geico just gave me the best quote by a long shot. Dad said Geico is good to work with but State Farm is the best. In reguards to getting your shit fixed. IDK how but I am paying like HALF of what everyone else quoted me. A few months ago my dad also got a Geico quote then called Allstate and let them know the deal and sure enough the lowered his rates.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
USAA currently. Love them, a little cheaper then State Farm/Allstate with just as great coverage.

Had Geico for 2 years before. Some of you might remember my tC flooded this summer. Nothing but headaches. Apparently rain water is completely fresh water and won't corrode anything. Regardless if there is 10 gallons of water on the floorboards. Gave my car back to me smelling of mold and tried to do repairs without my consent.

State Farm/Allstate in the past. Loved them, never had problems.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I've had State Farm for my entire life, family friend is my agent and she treats me very well. Went to Allstate for a quote, and they couldn't even come close to the same price for the same coverage. I was a little disappointed in the claims department when my car got flooded (no engine damage, just some water in the interior) kind of giving me the run around, but that was in no way the norm over the years. I would recommend them as I have heard nothing but horror stories about Geico or other 5 minute rate companies. A lot of people have their rates hiked after a year, and the claims service was also less than stellar. But everyone has different experiences.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I have state farm and love it, never have an issue, everything always goes smooth, and the rates really aren't bad at all. I got a quote from progreesive once and it was like twice what I'm paying with state farm for shittier coverage, idk who actually buys that stuff :rofl:.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info