Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
fuck ya...but itll never see american shores, just like all the other fun versions.

There was a time when American buyers were routinely forbidden from getting their hands on automakers' more entertaining pieces of engineering. These days, more and more automakers are turning to global product development, which means we get to play with hardware like the Nissan GT-R and the Ford Focus ST. Subaru, however, seems bent on keeping the really fun stuff on its home turf, including the delicious WRX STI S206. The company's engineers went full bore on the turbocharged flat four-cylinder engine under the hood, balancing all of the internals, dropping on a ball bearing turbo and reflashing the ECU for a total of 316 horsepower.

Outside, the sedan comes equipped with fender-mounted vents and special badges to distinguish the model from the rest of the WRX fleet, and designers have clipped the vehicle's iconic wing in favor of a smaller lip spoiler. We like the look. We just wish we could drive it.

01subaruwrxstis206.jpg

02subaruwrxstis206.jpg

03subaruwrxstis206.jpg

04subaruwrxstis206.jpg

05subaruwrxstis206.jpg

06subaruwrxstis206.jpg

10subaruwrxstis206.jpg

12subaruwrxstis206.jpg

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
motor is a piece of shit, you get 15mpg it's pretty slow and has no top end and moves like a boat in the water.

dont bother.

:bowrofl:

The motors have been tried and true for YEARS. You only get 15 mpg if you're on it all the time, and what do you expect with AWD? I have a feeling you have no idea what you're talking about in anyway. My 06 has plenty of top end, and I get more then 15 mpg easily.

It's sad we don't get the cool special models, but you can always get the parts and build up your own.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

The motors have been tried and true for YEARS. You only get 15 mpg if you're on it all the time, and what do you expect with AWD? I have a feeling you have no idea what you're talking about in anyway. My 06 has plenty of top end, and I get more then 15 mpg easily.

It's sad we don't get the cool special models, but you can always get the parts and build up your own.

Wasn't yours an auto?

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009

You're right, idk wtf im talking about

IMG_5252.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
All this hype for 10 more hp and a body kit ... I will continue to hate on Subaru. Because of their weak turbo motors and they don't have top end. Highly modded might be different but even the 10' wrx I owned pretty much stopped after 80. Car looks sharp but I don't miss owning one. The interiors kinda feel like a Honda with all the cheap plastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info