Remote Start - With OEM Remote?

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
So I have been researching for the last week or so in regards to remote start on my GTI. I have everything figured out like the bypass module and actual remote starter but I can not find any information on activating it with the OEM keyless remote. Looked at all different types including the FL-CAN but haven't gotten any response to requests for supporting firmware. I decided on a DBALL and the Viper 5101 since it supports data. The DBALL supports OEM remote arming of the system (at least I think) but can't find information on setting it up for start. I know there are a few of you guys on here that do this for a living.

One other question I have is what activates the kill feature on a manual with remote start? I know automatics it kills when the brake is applied and no key is inserted. Is it the same but with the clutch on a manual?

Thanks

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Yes you can make the factory key fob activate the aftermarket remote start. just keep in mind that the factory fobs range is shit.

on viper you connect the wht/blu activation input to a neg (-) lock wire {or a pos (+) lock with relay to switch to neg (-) }and change the programing to three pulse activation and then when you press the lock three times in a row it will activate the remote start

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Yes you can make the factory key fob activate the aftermarket remote start. just keep in mind that the factory fobs range is shit.

on viper you connect the wht/blu activation input to a neg (-) lock wire {or a pos (+) lock with relay to switch to neg (-) }and change the programing to three pulse activation and then when you press the lock three times in a row it will activate the remote start

The only reason I don't want an additional remote is the massive size of my switchblade key. Barely fits in my pocket as is.

Thanks for the input! Exactly what I was looking for.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
7 wires doesn't sound like a PITA. As long as it is D2D compatible it is fine. No different than any other remote start really.

Found something pretty promising though. Still waiting on the resident experts.

The one I read was talking about running wires into each door to trick the lock module, and using several diodes...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list