Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i actually somewhat agree w/ dasfinc for once.

1. you're going to get hosed on trade in. especially with it being winter (at least thats what i think).
2. unless the t/a is broke, why get rid of it? just looking for a change of pace? going from one ls based car to another isnt worth the extra 15k you'll likely have to fork out.
3. cobras have come down in price so you'll likely take less of a hit in the wallet going that route
4. cobras are more than capable of doing road course work so if you plan on tracking it, both would be good platforms.
5. looking to go balls out fast? id actually take the vette. itll probably ultimately cost less.
6. either car is going to be an awesome purchase.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think the Cobra's block can handle more power, and it is already set-up for forced induction. I also love the sound of a FI car.

A mildly modded Z06 would have no problem keeping up with a ported/pullied Cobra.

I think without knowing more of your goals, it would be hard to say which one. I could argue both sides.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Pretty much what everyone else said. What do you want in these cars? Easily modifiable for good gains or taking it to a road course? You'll probably got 1k for your T/A, sooooo instead sell it to me for 2k :D

Kidding. It's modded so it's hard to sell it as anything "collectable", so I'd say depending on the miles it would probably go private for $12k-$13k

if you want bang for the buck fast, go with the cobra, i have a pulley and o/r x pipe for sale! if you want to beable to turn get a c5z, i actually put money down on a c5z at bloomington gold before i purchased the cobra and then the guy just disappeared with my money, i decided it want worth it to sue over 500$ and karma would get him later. After that I decided whatever i find first that meets my millage and price criteria i would buy.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
if you want bang for the buck fast, go with the cobra, i have a pulley and o/r x pipe for sale! if you want to beable to turn get a c5z, i actually put money down on a c5z at bloomington gold before i purchased the cobra and then the guy just disappeared with my money, i decided it want worth it to sue over 500$ and karma would get him later. After that I decided whatever i find first that meets my millage and price criteria i would buy.

Would have showed up at his house with a Louisville Slugger.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Tough call. Stock for stock, I'd say c5z > 04 cobra. Cobra has more easily tapped potential while the c5z is more of a drivers/track car IMO and be easily as fast as the cobra with a bit more $.

Paging utryd2.
I agree ^
I was in the same spot when I bought my vette. I was looking at the same cars you are.
-The vette will be cheaper to insure
-both cars make good power with small mods.
-both are costly to mod but I'd say the vette mods are a little more $$
If you have any c5z questions let me know.

Would have showed up at his house with a Louisville Slugger.

yeah i was pissed, the story was it was his dads car that they bought for him for fathers day back in 01 and he never drove it, it have 2000 miles on it so they decided to sell it. Had car fax and pictures with a bow on it and everything. the guy was a dealer car dealer in Illinois and Michigan and when i called a few days later to see if he located the title he said he thought it might be at his place in Michigan and he was heading there the next day, after that he never picked up phone.

2qda714.jpg

I agree ^
I was in the same spot when I bought my vette. I was looking at the same cars you are.
-The vette will be cheaper to insure
-both cars make good power with small mods.
-both are costly to mod but I'd say the vette mods are a little more $$
If you have any c5z questions let me know.

defiantly true when i got quoted for insurance for c5z and cobra the cobra was way more. Having a perfect record and only being 20 at the time still = robbery

rude_mach

Regular
May 15, 2011
Damn lots of responses don't know where to start ok

willizm:2k and a cheeseburger

Slolane: MY car and the lease to my house, I don't mind living with my parents again

Panda: It is the yellow collectors edition one

Greasy: I am a douce bag driver,not douche bag person so z it is lol

Everyone else: My trans am is fine I try to detail the hell out of it,change fluids a lot, and maintain it but nothing wrong other then a bad window motor,and two cracks going up the front windshield damn fucks bb gunned it. It runs fine a constint 13.1 with mods on my sig and some suspension stuff baby launch also. Its moslty show,curise,somewhat drag,street race. The car was recently giving me lots of problems because of the previous owner it should be fine now.But it has been a curse my old t/a,mustang,and g35 never game me so many problems like this one, so a change a scenery be nice,plus there somewhat more reliable. It's still debatable because I still wanna go h/c but my luck bye bye rebuilt 10 bolt and me getting a nine would set me back a bit during summer, and like Mook said trade in will rape me I won't get shit,and so will insurance either way .

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
defiantly true when i got quoted for insurance for c5z and cobra the cobra was way more. Having a perfect record and only being 20 at the time still = robbery

What does a 01 Z06 with 2000 miles on it run back then $30-$35K? God damn bro, where can I pick up a application for poor college student?

Damn lots of responses don't know where to start ok

willizm:2k and a cheeseburger

Slolane: MY car and the lease to my house, I don't mind living with my parents again

Panda: It is the yellow collectors edition one

Greasy: I am a douce bag driver,not douche bag person so z it is lol

Everyone else: My trans am is fine I try to detail the hell out of it,change fluids a lot, and maintain it but nothing wrong other then a bad window motor,and two cracks going up the front windshield damn fucks bb gunned it. It runs fine a constint 13.1 with mods on my sig and some suspension stuff baby launch also. Its moslty show,curise,somewhat drag,street race. The car was recently giving me lots of problems because of the previous owner it should be fine now.But it has been a curse my old t/a,mustang,and g35 never game me so many problems like this one, so a change a scenery be nice,plus there somewhat more reliable. It's still debatable because I still wanna go h/c but my luck bye bye rebuilt 10 bolt and me getting a nine would set me back a bit during summer, and like Mook said trade in will rape me I won't get shit,and so will insurance either way .

Well you didn't say how many miles are on the car, and from this I am going to guess it perfect. These cars sometimes bring BIG money to the right buyers. Most of the time bone ass stock with low miles. Id stop at some specialty car dealers like Chicago Motor Cars, Autoshowcase etc and see what they would offer for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info