New IRS world record: 7.33 @195.63mph

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think that supra would beat it if i could come out of the hole as hard as the viper. Took a bit for the supra to get up and get work done. Probably a 100+mm turbo, needs more than 6cyl or more spray. Plus, i'm not sure that viper could make up 35mph on the end of the big end. 195mph traps either way you look at it is straight up insane.

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
Of all the passes I have done in my IRS vette, on all kinds of shitty tracks,(and streets) It has never gotten out of shape. The only time it did get squirlly was when it was going on the bumper and slamming back down, I love it, its very controlable, if it wanders out of the groove, I can bring it right back in, even under full power. I belive thats because the rear differential is bolted directly to the frame and takes out of the picture, the twisting forces the engine it putting out, as long as the frame can handle it.

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
well back in 2002 it was a 355 sbc doing 12.70's, then in 2005 it was a blowthrough turbo sbc doing low 11's, then in 2007 It put a 496 bbc in it and it was doing 10.0's on motor, then in 2009 I was spraying it with two kits and going 8.30's. The new set up has yet to go into the 7's due to the blowthru carb not giving me equal fuel distribution, some cylinders really rich and some very lean and burning holes in the pistons., so I am ditching the carb and Going to EFI this coming spring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info