Lambo Experience

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
So today I had the pleasure of driving a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder today. The experience has been one of the most memorable times I have had with car related events.

The Background
So it starts off from an impulsive Groupon buy with one of my friends. This was a a month or so, back in September. Although I was not excited at the moment of purchase, I immediately swayed my excitement when I was reminded of this event on Thursday. Even though I had a bunch of work and reports to do, I figured "Eh, what the hell. I can always do those later at night."

The Story
So I drive up to Tinley Park late in the morning to grab lunch with my friend, and head up early to Joliet Autobahn Country Club. Since our driving time was not until 4pm, we got to see some of the Autobahn member's cars. We creeped around the lot to look at the line of track spec BMW Z3's (about 6 of them), multiple '09+ CTS-V's, Mercedes AMGs, a Lotus, and many more high end cars!!

We finally head inside the member's lodge, and are shuffled into a room for a safety course. This was required for any driver's of the event. Since this was actually my first track/course experience, I listened intently. I felt that they gave some helpful hints about the track and gave very clear directions. After this was over, we had some more time to kill, so we walked over to the track to watch the previous session finish up.

Since we were early, we got the number 1 and 2 spots for the Gallardo. They had two different types there (both lp-560); one was a hardtop dark grey metallic, the other was a red Spyder. We decided that I would take the Spyder, and my friend would take the hardtop. Other cars on the track included: Mercedes SLS, Ferrari F430, Aston Martin Vantage, and a Bentley Continental GT. We both drove a total of 3 laps, equating to almost 7 miles (which I know, is NOT very much), but it was enough to get me hooked.

The Verdict
Overall, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the Lambo and how well it drove. It had excellent responsiveness within the throttle and steering. I did my best to push this thing hard into corners but it never seemed to lose control (keeping in mind I was always on someones bumper). Although I am not a huge Spyder fan, the open top really helped catch my attention to the beautiful engine noise(s). The moment I sat in the car, I felt almost at home, minus the tiny sliver of glass, believed to be a windshield. The speed and acceleration was not overdone and it had just enough power to put a smile on my face, even with a higher HP car in my own garage. The easiest way to describe it is having "refined speed", as opposed to brute force (which is what I am used to).

Through this event, it has really made me consider doing some road course events next year. I am sure many on here will join me in this if we get some kind of track day organized! The company was outstanding and very organized. I met one of the owners and he seemed like an extremely cool and down-to-earth guy. If I see another Groupon like this, I will not hesitate to jump on it!

...Also, I want a Lambo...

END :)

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Lol, it's actually funny that the Bentley was there, because that was the one that sat empty most of the time! The one time I saw it run, it was last in the pack. I could only laugh as the other 4 cars blew my eardrums at WOT and the only noise the Bentley made was the breaking wind around it.

Pics are one Facebook, since we used my friends DSLR.

Dan, what did you drive when you went?!

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
That sounds awesome. I saw something like this awhile ago that I wanted to do but it was an all day thing with an airstrip rented out so it was way to expensive for me. How much did this run you if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like a blast, would love to drive a lambo or a ferrari.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Yeah $150 (plus insurance) is worth it for sure, the one I saw was $1,500. No way. And I can see why there's no manuals, lots of people who can't really drive stick would toast the clutches.

Ya, and shit for those cars are expensive as hell!!! Some driver earlier in the day drilled a cone that marked corners. The cone broke the rear bumper and the driver was charged $4000! Idiot didn't get insured either...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info