Blanco el Norte
Where to begin.

-Peeling door handles
-Rear seat stitching ripping
-Strut Rub
-Radius Rod Bushings are completely worthless, fix those ASAP as well as above
-Can't fit bigger than 285 tires without mini-tubbing the ass end
-Like to nose dive into corners
-Very, very, very thin paint. Get ready for the front end to be chipped constantly
-There's a hole in front of the rear passenger tire that allows water to get into the compartment and soaks the carpeting and causes the passenger belt pre-tensioner to short and give an airbag fault(only fixable with a TechII or NAPA tool).
-Axle stubs like to candy cane and snap if you get wheelhop real bad on a hard launch(almost non-existent on autos, VERY existent on manuals)
-Trunk space virtually doesn't exist
-OEM bulbs in the headlights are fucking worthless for lighting anything up farther than 10ft in front of your car
-Corvette prices for replacement parts
-Waiting upwards of one to two months for replacement parts if you need to get OEM shit from Australia
-Dwindling support
-It's cheaper to insure a Corvette than a GTO
-Just like it's original predecessor, eats Gas, Tires, and Oil(literally)

The goods:
-Decent interior, front AND rear seats are all bucket seats and a lot of back seat room
-The engine

If you plan on AutoX, get a Corvette or a Mustang. GTOs can be made to AutoX DECENTLY but with a very big price tag to fix all the pathetic bushings/junk ass suspension

takeova07

Nov 4, 2010
Where to begin.

-Peeling door handles
-Rear seat stitching ripping
-Strut Rub
-Radius Rod Bushings are completely worthless, fix those ASAP as well as above
-Can't fit bigger than 285 tires without mini-tubbing the ass end
-Like to nose dive into corners
-Very, very, very thin paint. Get ready for the front end to be chipped constantly
-There's a hole in front of the rear passenger tire that allows water to get into the compartment and soaks the carpeting and causes the passenger belt pre-tensioner to short and give an airbag fault(only fixable with a TechII or NAPA tool).
-Axle stubs like to candy cane and snap if you get wheelhop real bad on a hard launch(almost non-existent on autos, VERY existent on manuals)
-Trunk space virtually doesn't exist
-OEM bulbs in the headlights are fucking worthless for lighting anything up farther than 10ft in front of your car
-Corvette prices for replacement parts
-Waiting upwards of one to two months for replacement parts if you need to get OEM shit from Australia
-Dwindling support
-It's cheaper to insure a Corvette than a GTO
-Just like it's original predecessor, eats Gas, Tires, and Oil(literally)

The goods:
-Decent interior, front AND rear seats are all bucket seats and a lot of back seat room
-The engine

If you plan on AutoX, get a Corvette or a Mustang. GTOs can be made to AutoX DECENTLY but with a very big price tag to fix all the pathetic bushings/junk ass suspension
thanks ill take a look into those things but there will be a very ice cold day in Hell before i get a mustang

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Depending on what was done on the car expect to have to do suspension work on it. Search Pedders. Otherwise he just told u everything that can go wrong on a GTO. I got mine brand new in 04, the paint does suck, install HIDs. I haven't had any of those other things go wrong or happen with my car.

Using Tapa yo!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It's not a matter of "if" those happen, it's "when". Not even joking. I just got rid of my GTO.

Fucking mustang drivers always try to shit in everyone's wheaties. Take your 3 valve driving ass out of here and go hang with your new friends Jason and Spraying orange snatch.

GTO's are nice cars, just don't try to make it fast.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I was gonna say the came with the LS6. Pretty much Carter nailed it on the head with issues to watch out for. I didn't have near as many as that with mine.
I had:
- Peeling Paint on the door handles - FIXED
- Power door locks has issues - FIXED
- During heavy rain or car wash, water drips into the car due to bad weather sealer
- Cut my fenders to fit the 275/40/17 DRs I have on now
- Since you have a 2004, the engine cover was causing issues cutting a fuel line and starting fires. Either get it moved, covered or take off the engine cover - I covered and moved mine
- Take to FMS ASAP to get it tunes and running right - See sig he did mine
- Parts not the cheapest and some are real hard to get

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Stock 5th gens are slow. They do have the power but their fat ass is to heavy.
Stock auto's are slow. After a tune they are pretty fast. I still stand by claim that 5.0's aren't any faster stock for stock (LS3) or mod for mod (L99 or LS3).

:rofl: Just mad because someone else has seen the light? :s00ls:

I'm not pissed, I too have seen the light (or heft) and have been saved. I wouldn't buy a 5.0 if they came with a $1000 gift card to scores. They are ugly as sin, over rated and are littered with problems. I'll stick to a C5Z or C6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info