Looks like they got rid of the fucking dyno.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008

The following vehicles are exempt from vehicle emissions tests:

• Vehicles of model year 1995 or before that were in compliance with the Illinois Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law on February 1, 2007;

I've had my vehicle registrations suspended on about 5 cars, my driver's license suspended twice, was handcuffed to what motorswaps I could put in, had to sell cars because they wouldn't pass.....
All I gotta say, it's about fucking time- the sky is the limit now.

If you're OBD-II....my apologies. :fawkd:

Last edited:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
yet another advantage of owning an AWD car. emissions facilities arnt equipped w/ awd rollers. my car passed perfectly last year and im completely catless. they just hooked the scanner up, put the sniffer on it and gave it a couple good revs, saw that it didnt throw any codes, and moved it thru. Now...if they had done a VISUAL inspection, i woulda been screwed. but most people are too lazy for that thankfully

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I've had my vehicle registrations suspended on about 5 cars, my driver's license suspended twice, was handcuffed to what motorswaps I could put in, had to sell cars because they wouldn't pass.....
All I gotta say, it's about fucking time- the sky is the limit now.

If you're OBD-II....my apologies. :fawkd:

welcome to last year.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
yet another advantage of owning an AWD car. emissions facilities arnt equipped w/ awd rollers. my car passed perfectly last year and im completely catless. they just hooked the scanner up, put the sniffer on it and gave it a couple good revs, saw that it didnt throw any codes, and moved it thru. Now...if they had done a VISUAL inspection, i woulda been screwed. but most people are too lazy for that thankfully

as long as your SES light isnt on then they could care less. i passed with the GTP and i didnt have a CAT and in its place i had a cut-out. i also dont have an EGR. took all of 2 minutes and i passed.

Back when i first got the buick i got regular plates and it needed to be tested. its got a hurst ratchet shifter in it and i had to sit in the passenger seat because the guy couldnt get it out of park/neutral. all he did was a sniff at idle and i passed with flying colors..... how i dont know...

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
Yeah, you're fine.
That maintenance "Service Vehicle" light is the biggest crock of shit. You should be able to reset it on your own- check your manual.

its not a maint light, gm cars dont have 2 seperate lights, the ses is anything wrong with the engine and controls for it and the svs is for other problems with the vehicle such as my wss failure

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Don't live near chicago during the school year, so my emissions got waved for the next 2 years anyways! Thank god though, I had like 5 different CEL's that would keep coming back because of stupid winter. My car doesn't like the winter or the gas, once March rolls around all of the CEL's are gone and don't come back until like late November. IDK why :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info