this isn't good boys...

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I cant wait till everyone starts getting tickets on the toll roads from them calculating your average speed between tolls. If its not already out there I am sure its being worked on.

I'd say it's more like that technology has been thought of a long time ago, just not implemented, yet. Now that they put cameras, gps, and whatever else on everything it's just a ticking time bomb before we have big brother holding our licenses even tighter by the nuts.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I cant wait till everyone starts getting tickets on the toll roads from them calculating your average speed between tolls. If its not already out there I am sure its being worked on.

This is already and frequently done in states like Virginia where there are only a few tolls (mostly used to get out of state people using the interstate to pass through)

I'd say it's more like that technology has been thought of a long time ago, just not implemented, yet. Now that they put cameras, gps, and whatever else on everything it's just a ticking time bomb before we have big brother holding our licenses even tighter by the nuts.

It's a question of where the line will be drawn. They can already use services like OnStar to find your car anywhere in the world... There's no reason this can't be implemented to track people's movements, etc... what I could see happening is the same as viral marketing where they will figure out where you go and sell the information for marketing... "privacy" is a thing of the past... I tell ya, if it ever gets to that "big brother stage" (moreso than it already is) I will be using a 2-way nextel and driving an old carb'd car with no computer systems.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
just tailgate a box truck like the one car did....it never got a full plate identified

maybe just get a plate flipper, lay em down when yer radar/laser detector is triggered....at most i think it would only catch a partial....

i also read somewhere that the systems cant read plates that are upside down

i only really see this working on noobs to the area....regardless it'll probably create slowdown waves on most highways much like you get before an onramp merges

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006

From what I've been told about the toll system in Illinois, the "technology" is already there. Basically the system already logs all of your tolls (obviously for billing of the tolls), when and where you went through the tolls is also obviously there, all the state police have to do, is come up with the exact distance between tolls, and divide that by the amount of time you took between tolls. Hell if they gave me the raw data in a spreadsheet (the system I am sure has data export/analysis), I could have everyones average speed between tolls in less than 10 minutes. And because you've registered your plate and and address with iPass, your ticket is just a piece of mail away.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
How would they prove you are driving? Great example is married people sharing cars, sharing cars with their kids ect.

And thus another reason to ride the bike more often :D

When they send you the ticket, it has the check box that states "I was not driving", but you then have to provide the information of the person that was. They do this on red light tickets as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info