z o sickk or CTS-V

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
what's up guys, starting to consider trading in the vette for a 04-07 cts-v..

Kinda want to get into a luxury car but still have the power when i want it. I'd prefer for the V to be a 06-07, Cammed and murdered out. I can't get enough of the looks of the V and the interior. Not interested in the street racing scene any more. But still like going to the track.

Why get rid of the vette?? modding is getting expensive, needs a new clutch this winter it looks like. A cam is gonna cost me around 1800. And i'm worried about breaking at the track.

Or i was also thinking, if i can get one for the right price. i was looking into a modded auto C6..h/c stall..something on that level...

No i do not want a audi, M3 or M5. :bigthumb:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Get a CTS... the way we drive, you'd have paid for the car twice in maintence... I've owned a handfull of BMW's... great cars, but repair cost will get you in the long run. Stick to the CTS, only other suggestion would be something SRT, but you're only going to find automatics, and worse yet... it's a chrysler product :s00ls:

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010
I had an 05 cts-v before I picked up my z06 had it cammed and boltons. Very nice car had a nice driving feel to it, looked sharp, loved the interior(navigation sucked ass but i never used it) layout hell i loved every thing about the car except the ONE thing and it was a major one! THE REAR END ON THAT CAR IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!! Unless your never going to consider racing from a dig ever again that go ahead and and get it( roadcourse stuff no problems from what i heard). The car wheel hops so bad from a dig, low roll and during a hard 1-2 shift. That the reason why i never took mine to the drag strip, I heard guys on forums talking about blowing the rear end all the time, even on street tires. I blew up my rear end in it once on the street. it went spin hop hop boom!
I giggle like a little school girl inside when I hear gto owners complain about "wheel hop" I shit you not its 10xs worse that any wheel hop i have ever felt in a gto. ALso the only cure for the wheel hop is a totally new rear end, that usually start at 5.5k+. Modding $ wise is going to cost the same if not more due the the motor being the same (ls6,ls2) and getting the cadillac tax. ALso they only made about 10,000(or less cat remeber for sure) cts-v's through its 4 year run. Also they are heavy, they tip the scales right around the same as the new camaros.

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010
and good chunk for insurance.

driving my buddies cts-v to my srt-8 300c that i had was night and day, his was angry and mean, and felt like it wanted to get beat on and was ready for a road course.

my srt-8 floated and was quiet when you weren't beating on it, but was dead nuts with him in his cts-v.

Also what he said, my insurace actually went down when picked up my z06. I still cant believe i had to pay more for an 05 cts-v compared to an 09 z06. If i were to pick up another v again, it would have to already come with a swapped rear end or its going to have to be an 09+ V.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
SRT8's are a nice cruising car. and can be pretty fast just a easy. The suspension is soft and the steering is slow. But for straight line performance its pretty nice. I hear tho that the trannies cant hold anything more than 450whp. But that seems to be alot of auto's

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
CTS-V interiors arent all that super duper imo... shitty awkward nav... uncomfortable seats, not a cup holder in sight and an awkward center armrest section.

Yeah the old V’s were crappy inside. The previous gen CTS was designed before GM really started focusing on interior refinement across the Cadillac line. Also, my buddies 04 had terrible wheel hop (issue with the previous V’s) and a numb shifter.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
SRT8's are a nice cruising car. and can be pretty fast just a easy. The suspension is soft and the steering is slow. But for straight line performance its pretty nice. I hear tho that the trannies cant hold anything more than 450whp. But that seems to be alot of auto's

once i would get to beating on mine, it really seemed to hunker down and get to gettin it... the trans would get into some sort of awesome shifting mode where it held gears forever and downshifted so quickly to be back in the power band.

Bite the bullet and get a newer V. soooo sexy. Ill do (some) FREE carbon for you if its a 09 or newer!!!

the wagon looks sick too. Imagine it with dark rims!

Cadillac-CTS-V-Sport-Wagon-4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info