IMG_0873.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I think the sad thing is they used to make some very appealing vehicles. That stopped right after the corolla went FWD and was killed when they axed the Supra. Though Honda is suffering the same fate. Honda used to engineer some crafty stuff, had some soul.

:werd: Toyota used to deliver some respectable rides. Now they just cater to non-car enthusiasts that want a vanilla ice cream appliance. I dont understand it, they make 20+ different models, but cant offer just one... RWD sports car? The FT-86 has been in the works and the recent updates are pretty disappointing. Excluding Lexus vehicles, their fastest production car is the Camry :ugh:.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Really, if you people are being objective, the pictured car really looks bland and vanilla? That looks like a pretty nice car to me, especially if I'm someone who's forced to own a car like an Accord or Camry.

Toyota is a victim of their own success. They create this car that's become so insanely popular for it's reliability and predicability and they can't stray too far off that mold. If I'm being honest though, I don't hate that car. I think it actually looks pretty nice.

What would be nice is if they'd go all Taurus SHO on it and put in a more powerful AWD drivetrain. Ford was surprised how many SHOs they sold. Perhaps Toyota underestimates how many men are stuck getting a Camry and would appreciate something with some balls.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
It does not look bad, it does not look good either. Toyota took a bland car and tried to make it look sporty to the point that it is almost over done. Do I dare say almost ricer? I look at it and think oh wow some one went on ebay and bought a mild looking ground effects kit for a Camry. There is just something about that car that does not sit right with me at all and at least my Accord Coupe flows well together and does not look like some one tried to hard.

PS. I hate Toyota, never did like anything they make

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It does not look bad, it does not look good either. Toyota took a bland car and tried to make it look sporty to the point that it is almost over done. Do I dare say almost ricer? I look at it and think oh wow some one went on ebay and bought a mild looking ground effects kit for a Camry. There is just something about that car that does not sit right with me at all and at least my Accord Coupe flows well together and does not look like some one tried to hard.

PS. I hate Toyota, never did like anything they make
With all due respect, you drive an Accord and you're dogging on a Camry... The two brands have arguably made interchangeable cars for years. Someone could slap a Honda badge on a Sienna and I'd never know.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
With all due respect, you drive an Accord and you're dogging on a Camry... The two brands have arguably made interchangeable cars for years. Someone could slap a Honda badge on a Sienna and I'd never know.

My Accord coupe is not even close to the same thing as the sedan or a Camry. Someone could swap badges between any brand of car that are on the same level of style and 99% of the people out there would not have a clue. I'd never know the difference between a BMW 3 series and 5 series besides the price tag.

Just stating my opinion about the Camry like every one else is doing.:dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info