Anyone Remember Buell Motorcycle

Devildog1833

Regular
Aug 10, 2011
Buell is back with "Eric Buell Racing" or EBR. Our Company is currently moving 1 of like 12 production bikes for them to the EICMA Show in Milan, Italy. With the limiters removed this bike will do about 230 mph. It is carbon fiber with wheels and motor. :riski:

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nQbIz0DfdRU

picture.php

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
To this day I really want a Buell 1125R. He got fucked by Harley since day 1. He had some awesome designs with cutting edge technology and was forced to put sportster engines in them. Once he finally got a real engine the economy tanked and Harley pulled the plug. I hope he can do something with this new company.

Devildog1833

Regular
Aug 10, 2011
cycle world on test track. let off and braked at 175mph. "Even as it crested the hill in fourth gear at 140 mph, even while I pulled hard up against the airbox cover to move more weight forward, the front wheel elevated 6 inches before settling down. Top speed at the end of the front straight was pushing 170 mph, and I was braking early!" all i know is what he told us. i dont know if he lie's or not.

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
That would be 230 + and yes there is a way.

NO, there isn't a way.

Here's a fun fact from the fastest race bikes on the planet.

The highest speed for a MotoGP motorcycle in 125cc category is 249.76 km/h (155.193 mph) by Valentino Rossi in 1996 for Aprilia and the top speed in the history of MotoGP is 349.288 km/h (217.037 mph), set by Dani Pedrosa riding a Repsol Honda RC212V 800cc

So no, a $40k bike isn't going to hit 230 mph. I bet it won't even hit 200. The bike doesn't make that much more power than any standard super sport these days. It's racing ability comes from the chassis, brakes, and lightweight components, which mean next to nill when considering top end.

Thanks for you trying though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info