Barn Find 1978 Vette with 13 miles

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/21/33-year-old-corvette-with-13-miles-on-it-for-sale-in-plymouth/

*Excerpt*

In 1978, a man in Ohio bought the 25th anniversary limited edition Corvette, stuck it in his barn and then walked away.

Recently, he needed some cash and Corvette Mike ended up with the car. He wonā€™t say how much he paid for it.

ā€œThe car had everything original, even the battery, and it fired right up. The window sticker is on it. Everything from 1978. And itā€™s even got some rare options, which was the CB radio.ā€

1978-corvette.jpg

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
probably got less then 25k for it. I have seen ultra low mile ones go for around 20K. the problem with these cars is that they were hyped to be collectors cars from the start, so tons of people did exactly the same thing as this guy, thinking they were sitting on a hundreds of thousands of dollars. so the market is flooded with ultra low mile 78 limited edition vettes.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The dealership behind my house has the same one, but a tad bit more than 13 miles now after being driven to Bloomington Gold the last couple years. They never sold it and stuck in the back of the parts dept. I saw it at the beginning of the year and it had like 143 miles on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info