5.3L @ 26psi?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And I suppose I should have finished the article, because it turns out it was a 4.8L

But think about it. Whats the maximum safe level of boost most people say you can run, pretty much in the 5-7psi area on pump gas for a normal SBC. This is 26psi.

So the question is if you run a water/meth kid how far can you go with a 5.3L on pump gas with the right tune? Crazy.

not used to seeing those numbers except on Supra's and such.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I wonder how long it would truly last though. I'm sure its not going to hold together for 10s of thousands of miles then.

But then again since i only drive my GTA once every couple of weeks guess that doesn't mean much. I'd probably drive it alot more if it had a manual, or the A4 wasn't missing OD and TCC lockup (PCM/trans mis-match from the swap).

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Even considering a 25% drivetrain loss they're still making 900-ish hp to the wheels. :dunno:

I agree, but I'm sure the strain on the motor would be far more as well (so 900hp but the actual strain on the engine since its spinning the transmission/transaxle/wheels would shorten its life too I'm sure)

I just like playing devils advocate. :jg:

Again, 900whp is not exactly fucking around on an essentially stock block/internals.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Either way, they estimated at those power levels the block would be good for one season racing. They put 60+ dyno runs on it at 1,000+ hp.

Bingo! And if your not a constant track go-er like myself, that motor might last a few years then...

Now I didnt re-read the article but didnt this motor have some high miles on the block?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info