Junkyards around northwest indiana??

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I live in crown point, in. The only jy i go to is picknpull in hammond. I'm looking for a brake/clutch pedal bracket from a MANUAL 88-93 w-body (grand prix, cutlass, lumina etc). What other decent jys are around here? Or has anybody seen a manual W in any yards? My project is stalled until I can get the bracket... TIA

Welcome as well!

Ever consider just having one custom made? manual W bodies are VERY VERY rare, and it may be FAR easier to just have a bracket made (or get one off another GM manual car and make it work like a 3.1 Z24 cavalier?)

gpchris95

Apr 9, 2008
Welcome as well!

Ever consider just having one custom made? manual W bodies are VERY VERY rare, and it may be FAR easier to just have a bracket made (or get one off another GM manual car and make it work like a 3.1 Z24 cavalier?)

I would really rather have the real thing. I know a guy in warsaw, in (NC indiana) that has seen alot of manual Ws in yards..

Hey welcome over here. There are a few over near the border that I've heard about. Search LKQ, I believe they have a huge one over in Blue Island? I think that's over towards the IN border.

LKQ is a junkyard?

My buddy has a whole 89 5 speed grand prix in his grandmas garage.

Is he willing to sell?

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Yeah I saw a box truck a month ago or so that said LKQ auto salvage or something, and it listed a couple of addresses. I know they're online through ebay and such...they just got the contract with GM to crush all of the "specialty" cars that Schrams Auto Salvage had up in Michigan.

gpchris95

Apr 9, 2008
Yeah I saw a box truck a month ago or so that said LKQ auto salvage or something, and it listed a couple of addresses. I know they're online through ebay and such...they just got the contract with GM to crush all of the "specialty" cars that Schrams Auto Salvage had up in Michigan.

Thanks for the info ill check that out.

HOW MUCH??? HE got a phone number? :noes:

wizard8873

Shift_umm, in an auto?
Jan 16, 2008
Griffith, IN
i know there's one in blackoak on burr. i went there when i was having problems with my eclipse. forgot what it's called but you can try and swing by that way and see if they have anything. other than that, the only other one i know is the one on 30 by the lexus delearship but it looks too small to have the parts that you need. might want to give them a try at least before heading anywhere else.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
In Blue Island,IL theres an ABC, A-Reliable, and Speedway/U-Pull-It but I cant think of what streets there off of :( also in Chicago Heights, Il there is a U-Pull-It on Lincoln Highway but for what your looking for I doubt they'd have it

On Western ave, around 140th or so. Not too far from my place, and I've never been to them. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info