what should the next car be.

CDgtp

Aug 27, 2011
Aurora, il
currently own a 2004 grand prix gtp comp g. 150k miles and counting. great car. looking for opinions.

give me your opinions. i do prefer 4 doors.

Option 1. keep this thing for a few more years. do a little more to it. etc.. BUT it would need a new trans within that time probably. and i drive 30k miles a year. their good engines but who knows. after a few years this would have too many miles to even sell it to be worth it.

Option 2. 06-07 Grand prix special edition. white. then turbo it, and tune. looks awesome. but slowwwwww stock. (i have alot of extra parts for it already tho since its a GP)

Option 3. (now i know some people are gonna hate) 07-08 acura tl type s 6 speed. realistically speaking it does get the best gas mileage, lower insurance, and is FWD (harsh winters but it doesnt matter). sub 0-60 times with a stock 6 speed. could supercharge or turbo but these are already running higher $$

Option 4. 08-09 G8 GT. always wanted one. the gxp isnt an option. literally one of the few things holding me back from this car is the auto trans and the fact that the 6.0 doesnt have 400 horses.

Option 5. 06-07 CTS-V. leaning torwards this. ls2. 400hp. tremec 6 speed. brembo brakes. the works. they look really similar to the base model cts's of those years. possible sleeper. would be a fun car, and probably the fastest option. for the insurance as gas prices tho..

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
at 150K, I'd just keep driving the GTP until it dies. But for a new car my vote is a G8 or CTS-V. 30K miles a year you must do a lot of highway driving?

The 07/08 TL-S is a sick looking car, but FWD really kills it for me. You could also look into the 2nd gen G35/G37 sedans too. 306HP G35 and 330HP G37, 6 speed and RWD.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info