EBayFOTD Crown Vic edition

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170702655222+&viewitem=

Factory 5 speed/Cobra powered 99 Crown Victoria.

$(KGrHqIOKm8E5I-CrzR8BOgM4HJkzQ~~60_35.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKpoE5,jzcPITBOgM4nfCtg~~60_35.JPG

1 OF 18 Ever Produced
Commissioned by FORD and built by ROUSH Industries for the Bob BONDURANT School of High Performance Driving
Look at the values of the Factory commissioned High Performance cars of the 60's & 70's -- Boss 428 Mustangs - COPO Camaros - Same Thing!
The Cobra Vic's were instructor cars only. This is car #8. They were highly modified for safety and performance. It comes complete with a 2" Log book documenting every bolt turned/service from day one. The car was delivered to Bondurant on 9/18/00.
This car IS street legal in Alabama. My son and I drove it 1,400 miles on the Hot Rod Power Tour with ZERO problems. Everything works; Lights, Air Condition, Power Windows, Power Locks, Etc.. It may or may not be street legal in other states due to emissions regulations.

ENGINE: 1999 SVT Mustang Cobra DOHC 4.6L 4V
Full length Cobra windage tray with modified Mark VIII oil pan
Emissions controls removed
Custom H-pipe with catalytic converters removed
Borla custom dual exhaust system
Ford Factory Custom cooling system: 6.8L V10 water pump & radiator - engine driven fan with custom shroud & 18" electric fan
1995 SVT Mustang Cobra R engine oil cooler
Battery relocated to trunk

TRANS: 1999 SVT Mustang Cobra (Tremec)T-45 5-Speed
Carbon fiber blocking rings
B & M Ripper shifter
Custom steel drive shaft with safety loop
3:73 axle with limited slip
Moser axles

FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel Safe custom 22gal. fuel cell
1999 SVT Mustang Cobra fuel pump
Custom stainless steel and braided fuel lines

SUSPENSION:
Eibach springs
Monroe Shocks - Custom Calibration
NASCAR 2" solid front sway bar with custom links
Modified alignment settings
Production rear sway bar
Prouction rear watts link

BRAKES:
Performance friction rotors (New)
Performance friction race compound brake pads (New)
Baer Brakes custom braided brake lines
Custom brake cooling ducts

WHEELS: 1995 SVT Mustang Cobra R 17x9 9" Wheels
TIRES: Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra 275/40/R17

SAFETY:
Roush Custom 6-point fully integrated roll cage
Recaro drivers seat
Simpson 4-point safety harnesses at all four seating locations
Halon fire system
Window Safety nets on all four windows
Master power switch
Mustang Cobra gauges

$23K :bowrofl::bowrofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yes I am going to buy a CV that was beat to all HELL for $23K?! I can buy a police cruiser, and do 90% of those upgrades (at least the important ones) for probably $15K all in.

The ad is trying to stress that this is a FACTORY 5 speed, and is a collectible. (COPO Camaro etc)

But yes, I agree, 23K for this is a joke since there are still brand new ones on the lot.... Maybe in 10 years time it will be worth some money, but not today...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The thing that confuses me the most is why would Bob Bondurant be ordering crown vics? In 99 wouldn't it have made more sense to just buy new-edge Cobra to teach drivers in for RWD fundamentals...? Whats the point of buying a big heavy RWD sedan with that drivetrain from a educational standpoint for the racing school OVER just buying a damn mustang?

If it was for some kind of police, or advanced pursuit training, having a 5 speed would make no sense....

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
In spite of being a factory creation, price does seem a bit much. Yes, RIP Panther platform :sadwavey: , but too early in the game for them saying "drive and enjoy while the value goes up." ha. Overemphasis on nothing too impressive. That's like me trying to sell my car and saying "this is the exact car shown on Deerfield PD's website!!"

Plus, I'd rather go Kenny Brown Panther if anything, they at least made it look like a nice car. I know this one is purpose-built and all, but... Yes it's cool, but seller is a little off kilter in his line of thought.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
The thing that confuses me the most is why would Bob Bondurant be ordering crown vics? In 99 wouldn't it have made more sense to just buy new-edge Cobra to teach drivers in for RWD fundamentals...? Whats the point of buying a big heavy RWD sedan with that drivetrain from a educational standpoint for the racing school OVER just buying a damn mustang?

If it was for some kind of police, or advanced pursuit training, having a 5 speed would make no sense....

I think it's because 4 People fit in a CV better than a Mustang.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
seems like you could achieve the same success and body control with a less extreme setup

I think if that were the case Roush would have done it. My guess is they were still picking up a rear tire with all of that power and weight. Also probably easier to add in a generic setup than having a custom sway bar made. Wish they had a shot of the underside. Would love to see how this thing handles on the relatively simple suspension setup. At least want to see what spring rates they had to go with.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Rear bench seat does not a good passenger carrier make when learning performance driving...

Rear mustang seats would hold people far better/safer Vs. the rear than the Vic.

Not really.

mustang_rear-seat2.jpg

2007-ford-crown-victoria-4-door-sedan-standard-rear-seats_100277627_m.jpg

Besides, with the harness setup, passengers aren't going any where. Based on your responses, I don't think you've ever been in a 3 or 4pt harness with any kind of 'spirited driving' so you have no comprehension of exactly how tight it holds you in the car, though I cold be wrong. Honestly.. Tight is an understatement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info