Vehicle vibrates at highway speeds

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ahh, probably needs hubcentric rings which i'll bet you don't have OP. Those are big enough to do that on a car they don't "fit" on. Makes you think they're off balance, but they're not. Using stock lugs on them as well I ASSume?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
nope. super sweet tuner lugs!

brian2mean.jpg

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Put stock wheels on and see what happens?

I think his brother did it at his work so I hope it wasn't shoddy :dunno:

Yup, my brother had it done at Sears.

x2 on the hubcentric rings.. would also check cv shafts for wear. my car's been vibrating under throttle intermittently and today one of the cv's let go. :dunno:

they're probably original. at $50 / ea, it's a worthwhile investment to make sure you don't get stranded.

I made another thread about my gas pedal vibration on acceleration. Hmm

01BlkGTGP

Regular
Oct 1, 2008
chicago
Im 99pontiacgp brother...2 tires were off balance and two were fine and after balancing we put the rims back in the same order they came off and the alignment was slightly off also but everything is in spec...another thing I told my brother was to check the tire pressure because it could make a slight pull if it wasnt even...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Mike I'd say throw the stock wheels back on and see if it goes away. At least then you'll know if it's wheel related or not.

You can also check if hubcentric rings are needed like someone mentioned earlier. You could try loosening up the lugs again and making sure they're evenly tightened; that should center them for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info