Hmm.... to trade or not to trade...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What's the point? Is it really that different?

They are both very unique cars, that have both been tastefully and mechanically modified pretty heavily.

They both have very similar power bands, and the contour may be faster and lighter on its feet. I think the point of this would be what some may have already pointed out is that the SHO is too nice to DD, and is not really setup for it, so Ryan wouldn't feel 'bad' about DDing the Contour, since its just a contour (which may still perform the same, or better than the SHO), parts are still plentiful and the contours have been around 5 years longer than his generation of taurus so parts are still more readily availabl. The Duratech engine is also still around today and will be far easier/cheaper to repair and maintain down the road especially if on DD duty.

Ryan has talked about getting rid of the SHO in the past, but essentially he wouldn't want to give it up to just anyone.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dude, it's 3.0L swapped!!

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with this swap?

SVT Contours had like 190hp out of the 2.5 V-6, switching to the 3.0 motor, but sticking with the SVT Cams bumps the car to well north of 230hp with a ton more useable torque down low, the thing is several hundred pounds lighter than an SHO as well (I think close to 700?)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
They are both very unique cars, that have both been tastefully and mechanically modified pretty heavily.

They both have very similar power bands, and the contour may be faster and lighter on its feet. I think the point of this would be what some may have already pointed out is that the SHO is too nice to DD, and is not really setup for it, so Ryan wouldn't feel 'bad' about DDing the Contour, since its just a contour (which may still perform the same, or better than the SHO), parts are still plentiful and the contours have been around 5 years longer than his generation of taurus so parts are still more readily availabl. The Duratech engine is also still around today and will be far easier/cheaper to repair and maintain down the road especially if on DD duty.

Ryan has talked about getting rid of the SHO in the past, but essentially he wouldn't want to give it up to just anyone.

Moot points. They're both still a 90's fwd ford.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
neither. thats fugly. and for 5k you can get something way better

have you SEEN the used car market lately man? For 5K you will not find SHIT better. Reliable, 200+hp, 4 door, 5 speed, low mile engine, cheap to fix/maintain... Good luck.

I was LUCKY to find an 00 Accord with 150K on it for $3900 that didn't need any work for my buddy the other week...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm guessing you aren't familiar with this swap?

SVT Contours had like 190hp out of the 2.5 V-6, switching to the 3.0 motor, but sticking with the SVT Cams bumps the car to well north of 230hp with a ton more useable torque down low, the thing is several hundred pounds lighter than an SHO as well (I think close to 700?)

I guess I just don't get the point of motor swapping mediocre motors on a mediocre car. I'm impressed with someone that has the ability to do a swap, but it wouldn't be my swap of choice.

I think the car is very well done.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I guess I just don't get the point of motor swapping mediocre motors on a mediocre car. I'm impressed with someone that has the ability to do a swap, but it wouldn't be my swap of choice.

I think the car is very well done.

I think a good way to think about it is your engine Vs. a 4V Termi motor...

The cobra motor makes about the same power, its the same basic engine, but If the opportunity presented itself wouldn't you ditch your 2V in a heart beat if a good deal came along on a Termi motor setup?

I think the 2.5 Duratech going to the 3.0 Duratech is the same thing, They are basically the same motor, but the 3.0 is just a better engine full stop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info