Questions about aluminum wheel surfaces.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I've been tossing around the idea of fixing my wheels for a while now..

Saw this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbfK4BB7Lw

The question I have.. seen and used aircraft remover before. Will that stuff stack up to whatever this is, on a clear-coated aluminum wheel ?

I want to do the whole wheel face if it matters so I can do the centers black and the lip either white or polished and clear coated.. Looking for a project to do in the spring when I get tires on my 17's

Would like it to come out like this.

lip1.png

247567_10150194087766674_544541673_7410903_7104047_n.jpg

tl;dr, what's the easiest way of going about getting the old shit off the wheel to give me a nice surface to work with ?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Is there any thing wrong with the factory clear that is on the wheels now? If not then I would just sand and paint. If you really want to remove the factory clear then I assume stripper would work fine. Then scuff with 320 grit, etch prime, seal, and paint.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Is there any thing wrong with the factory clear that is on the wheels now? If not then I would just sand and paint. If you really want to remove the factory clear then I assume stripper would work fine. Then scuff with 320 grit, etch prime, seal, and paint.
yeah. they look like shit. the finish is cloudy and inconsistent. looks like someone used acid or something and it stained in different places on all four wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info