sDpf3.jpg

FOTcK.jpg

XCHVe.jpg

Engine
Buschur Racing Cold Air Intake
Buschur Racing Block Off plate
HKS Oil Cap
HKS SSQVIII Blow Off Valve
ECU Flashed With PowerAxel Re-flash Module w/ Custom Tune Slot (3 stored map settings)
MXP Turbo-back Exhaust 3″ Stainless Including 3″ Down pipe and Test pipe
Engine Makes About 290 whp and 300ft/lbs tq @22 psi on 93 Octane Tune

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes
Megan Racing 32-Way Adjustable Coilovers
VarrsToen 1.1.2 Hyper Silver – 19X9.5 +22 Offset Front, 19X10.5 +22 Offset Rear
Muteki Chrome Neon Extended Open Ended Lug Nuts
Bridgestone Potenza 225/40 Front & 245/40 Rear
Brembo 4 Piston Front and Rear Calipers

Interior
TWM Desert Eagle Mirror Finish Shift Knob
3-Gauge Pillar Pod from Importshark
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F Meter (Reads LAMBDA Also)
Autometer Pro-comp Altra Lite Analog Boost Gauge
Autometer Cobalt Digital Voltmeter
Rear Quarter Glass and Rear Window Tinted 5%, Door Glass 20%, Windshield Brow 5%
Exterior

Tinted the Taillights Myself with a Base/Clear Dupont Chroma-Premier paint, with a Hyundai “H” Logo in the Centers of the Lights

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Just a little guy. High peak boost, so it's deceiving when they say it's running 22lbs. It "is" for about 2seconds and rapidly falls after that. Evo's peak at 24psi and taper down to 16psi or so with a tune, stock is 22psi down to effing 11psi. Garbage.

I think i'm finna buy an AP for my junk until it's out of warranty. Doesn't make much sense to pay AMS so much $ for a tune, and have the dealer flash the thing back to stock. It's not like I can tell them there's a tune, these guys are obsessed with tossing out warranties.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Just a little guy. High peak boost, so it's deceiving when they say it's running 22lbs. It "is" for about 2seconds and rapidly falls after that. Evo's peak at 24psi and taper down to 16psi or so with a tune, stock is 22psi down to effing 11psi. Garbage.

I think i'm finna buy an AP for my junk until it's out of warranty. Doesn't make much sense to pay AMS so much $ for a tune, and have the dealer flash the thing back to stock. It's not like I can tell them there's a tune, these guys are obsessed with tossing out warranties.

Get a grimmspeed BCS and hold that shit to redline

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nope, they just don't flow enough. Running an FP red holds boost to redline and power actually rises after 5500, believe it or not. My car is SOOO slow at Gingerman, i want power up top. It's got gobs of TQ, but the power band is horrible.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I love every second of it. I lowered it on Eibachs and it just made the car that much better. Except the "service soon" (for the driveline) came on, which is the dreaded ACD pump $1700+$500 labor. However, AFAIK the sensors for the steering can also trigger that due to a back alignment, which i have since I lowered the car and also maxed out the camber bolts to -2.2. I need to get the toe fix asap, and keep my fingers crossed it's not the ACD pump.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I test drove one before I bought my GTI and it was nice, just had a real unrefined feel to it. Felt kinda cheap and was really a dog stock. Hopefully the aftermarket picks up on it.

My GTI has a peak of about 20-22psi on my tune, sustained around 14-16psi. Drops off real quick and right now I'm at a little less than 290 a the crank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info