MUST READ IF YOU RACE AT US41 / NO LIMIT DRAGWAY

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I was readying about this on another site.... No good

I was surprised no one posted about it over here. Figured it was a good thing for people to see.

Fucking people. whats the point of having it there?

False sense of security. The series being held there paid a big fee to have an ambulance there. So if someone else is paying for one and not getting it what do you think happens on T&T days? Shady as fuck.

I know I have been held up from running at Byron and GLD because the hired ambulance & paramedics had not shown up yet. Hopefully No Limit Raceway will get their act together and hire a actual Ambulance and crew. I would hate to loose a local track. I will never race there but other people would. Help keeping congestion down at the other tracks.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think their insurance only requires so much equipment to help until a real ambulance gets there. Obviously more than is in that van of theirs. But makes more sense to hire a ambulance and crew for the day like Byron and GLD do. I understand tracks are feeling the economy too. But the promoter of the event PAID for an ambulance and crew. Yet one was not provided. Strait up fraud.

In the link I provided you also get some good gems like this one...

"Originally Posted by JMatt
You guys all missed a key post about 400 posts ago.

A couple of weeks ago, at a race where Kenny and Denny sent cars down in the rain until a 9.93 second car did a 540 spin and tagged the wall, according to witnesses, Denny pointed a gun at a racer (who had the nerve to ask about a rain-check) and his father and said "I will fucking kill you and your old man too."

The police were called. Denny fled the scene. The police interviewed the remaining staff and they confirmed the racer's story. Denny wouldn't answer his home or cell phone and couldn't be found.

I've been in contact with the county prosecutor multiple times. Can you say:

1) Criminal recklessness
2) Assault
3) Intimidation

Three different crimes. Unfortunately for Denny, I was there. The racer he threatened to kill was my friend. And I'm an attorney who knows the system.

Now Lynne can add fraud to the list of Denny's problems. But that's really the least of Kenny's problems compared to charges related to threatening multiple murders.

If anyone wants to verify what I say, just call the Newton County Prosecutor's office and ask for the investigator."

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
With a sport like this they need to have the proper crew on hand in case something goes bad. I race BMX as most of you know and my local track we use to have a paramedic on hand at all raced. We now don't because a mother of a racer is a ER nurse that has volunteered her services on race days. Anyways when we had a paramedic on hand it was only $150-$175 for the day. Now this is only once a week and I know that the drag strip runs more then once a week. With the amount of money that a track brings in while open is enough to cover the cost of something there. Well at least it should unless certain areas charge a ass ton of money.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Jesus, you could stock an ambulance better than that from the first aid aisle at Walgreens. That ambulance isn't properly stocked to transport a corpse. They paid $1600 extra for that ambulance to be on site and because the kid in the time slip booth was an EMT.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
fuck that shit

Its disturbing that a ambulance wouldn't have a EMT or even medical supplies. I don't know that area well, but I would guess the closest fire station or hospital is miles away. If something serious happened the injected would seriously be fucked.

Whats even more disturbing is that the owner pointed a gun at a customer. WTF?!?

During one of the SCC events last year a car ended upside down at the end of the track in the corn. I was the second run behind it. The car in front of me stopped on the track and the driver was on the track waving his arms. I stopped on the track to see what he was freaking out about. While he was telling me a car is on its roof and we both are still on the track the next set of cars come flying down.

Pretty wack track but I still go back there...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
All these posts and not a single Ambalamp's Guy?!?!

Ambalamps.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info