A good trade?

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
One of my buddies wants to trade me his '93 Cavalier Z24 (pretty much stock except for an aftermarket hood and exhaust. Otherwise is in pretty decent condition) and a '95 Cutlass Sierra (Leaks coolant from the resevoir. Has keyless entree and start. Otherwise, a pretty sound car). He was trying to sell both cars for around $1500 each. My Accord needs a new cv shaft ($60) and is pissing oil. It could be coming from the feed line to the turbo. I felt around behind the block yesterday and that was where it was all wet. My mechanic wanted $45 to clean the engine and then who knows how much to actually fix the oil leak. I could borrow money from my parents but would eventually have to pay them back in early June.

Suggestions? :bigthumb:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
One of my buddies wants to trade me his '93 Cavalier Z24 (pretty much stock except for an aftermarket hood and exhaust. Otherwise is in pretty decent condition) and a '95 Cutlass Sierra (Leaks coolant from the resevoir. Has keyless entree and start. Otherwise, a pretty sound car). He was trying to sell both cars for around $1500 each. My Accord needs a new cv shaft ($60) and is pissing oil. It could be coming from the feed line to the turbo. I felt around behind the block yesterday and that was where it was all wet. My mechanic wanted $45 to clean the engine and then who knows how much to actually fix the oil leak. I could borrow money from my parents but would eventually have to pay them back in early June.

Suggestions? :bigthumb:

2 cans of carb cleaner, a rag, and some goggles should cost you maybe $10 at the most, and that will get your engine just as clean.

Also, go to autozone and ask for a 'speedie boot', they cost $20-30 and are a 'temporary' fix for torn axle boots, although if you are selling the car anyways, 'temporary' means permanent.

I'm NOT a fan of either of those cars, are they auto or stick?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list