My "What you guys think?" thread

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Trying to find a dealership to trade the fireturd in to get some new wheels. Some of you's may have seen my past threads about looking at SRT's and A/S4 so you kinda know what I'm looking at (4dr, boost, optional in manual, light modding, DD, low miles) So instead of finding all these cars and posting a million threads I'll try to use just this one.

Anyways, driving around looking at some cars at dealerships near me, I found this car: http://www.larryroeschchryslerjeepd...-Audi-S4-0630a96a0a0d066900d16b37f2a0f5bd.htm

Was wondering what you guys opinion on the price/miles of it and if its even worth it. I'll keep posting up other cars I find.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Not only the electrical problems, but the turbo's will eventually go out. You have to pull the engine for that. Also, I would ask if the timing belt has been changed. That job is a good chunk of change.

Based on what you are looking for, and if you are going to truely keep it lightly modded, I would look into the MazdaSpeed 6's.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not only the electrical problems, but the turbo's will eventually go out. You have to pull the engine for that. Also, I would ask if the timing belt has been changed. That job is a good chunk of change.

Based on what you are looking for, and if you are going to truely keep it lightly modded, I would look into the MazdaSpeed 6's.

dont those got prollems too though?

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake

MS6 are like 15k-20k, I'm trying to stay 10k or less.

stay away from german engineering.

its a moneypit waiting to happen if you aren't doing it yourself.

shit even doing brakes on a jetta takes forever...have to bleed everything and its mother to get the pedal right.

buy apolly's banana boat.

He wants to much money.

I wouldn't touch that evo unless it was under $10k

This.

Is it just me or does that seem like a low low price? I didnt know S4's were that affordable.

Thats what I thought.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
the one that's posted is a turbo v6.

i've heard the turbos like to implode, it's auto (fail), and the 105k mile service is a timing belt/water pump which is a $1000+ job (which you can bet hasnt been done).
keep looking. that one may be cheap now, but it will no doubt be a money pit.

Yea no shit. Was a separate statement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info