Is this a fair price?

go onto svtperformance and look in the market place for terminators it is still somewhat of a buyers market and you can find one with low to mid 20's or go to a dealer and pay mid to high 20's, i didnt find mine on svt but lets just say i got my car for a steal with 2300 miles and paid about 3.5 less than the saleen in the link.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...003-satin-silver-cobra-only-11-xxx-miles.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-254/788541-fs-03-cobra-dsg-15-800-miles.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...upe-low-miles-stock-clean-car-roanoke-va.html

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sooo when did the aluminum block get put into production? The diffrence between 2v and 4v is really that much!? Dont know that much about the modular fords.

4v motors essentially have WORLDS more potential, especially the ones in the 03-04 Cobra's (I know they are forged, dunno about the older ones.

the 4v motors are DOHC Vs SOHC, the 2v's are between 235 and 260hp depending upon the year, while the 4V Motors start at like 300hp NA.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
IMHO, I'd prefer the Saleen over a cobra. Don't get me wrong, the Cobra is a great car for sure, but there's just a lot of them compared to Saleens.

Sure the Saleen is based off of a GT, but can be upgraded. Swap in a Ford Aluminator shortblock, or swap in forged internals and turn the boost up. In the end, if I were to heavily mod both, I'd prefer a fast saleen over a fast cobra.

IMHO, I'd prefer the Saleen over a cobra. Don't get me wrong, the Cobra is a great car for sure, but there's just a lot of them compared to Saleens.

Sure the Saleen is based off of a GT, but can be upgraded. Swap in a Ford Aluminator shortblock, or swap in forged internals and turn the boost up. In the end, if I were to heavily mod both, I'd prefer a fast saleen over a fast cobra.

or find a saleen 03-04 cobra or a roush 03-04 cobra, they made them but are very rare.

I think the aluminum 4v is just on the Shelby's and I think it was in the 2011 or 12's

I'm not a :ford: :nutz: so I'm not sure

Sooo when did the aluminum block get put into production? The diffrence between 2v and 4v is really that much!? Dont know that much about the modular fords.

the 96-01 cobra's and 03-04 mach 1's have an aluminum block, come with 300-320hp based on year. the new gt500's have an aluminum block compared the iron block they used to have, i think they switched in 09-10 to aluminum.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Stock 2V Internals < 400 RWHP without it going boom.

Stock 4V Internals (Non-Terminator 03/04 Cobra Motor) < 450 RWHP without it going boom.

Stock 4v Internals (Terminator 03/04 Cobra) 800+ RWHP without it going boom.

The blocks on the Modular motors are very stout, 2V or 4V. If you do pick up a 2V you will need better connecting rods and pistons, but the crank is good for big numbers.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Stock 2V Internals < 400 RWHP without it going boom.

Stock 4V Internals (Non-Terminator 03/04 Cobra Motor) < 450 RWHP without it going boom.

Stock 4v Internals (Terminator 03/04 Cobra) 800+ RWHP without it going boom.

The blocks on the Modular motors are very stout, 2V or 4V. If you do pick up a 2V you will need better connecting rods and pistons, but the crank is good for big numbers.

Truth!
2011-08-24203713.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info