first race after the swap

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but tonight I was cruising down the highway around 4am when I came up behind an evo. The badge on the back said Evo MR, never seen one before. He ended up getting off at my exit. When we got on the straight, I got up next to him and dropped to 2nd. I heard him down shift and start honking. Right away I put a half a car on him and just kept pulling. By the time we shut down I was easily a car length ahead if not more. After that, we went from a dig. When we launched, he put a fender on me but I stayed right with him. Around 60mph I started to pull on him again. We shut down with him at my passenger door. I ended up talking to the guy for a few, he was pretty cool. He had a front mount, cai, exhaust and a tune. I didn't win by much, but I'm calling this one a kill.:fy:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but tonight I was cruising down the highway around 4am when I came up behind an evo. The badge on the back said Evo MR, never seen one before. He ended up getting off at my exit. When we got on the straight, I got up next to him and dropped to 2nd. I heard him down shift and start honking. Right away I put a half a car on him and just kept pulling. By the time we shut down I was easily a car length ahead if not more. After that, we went from a dig. When we launched, he put a fender on me but I stayed right with him. Around 60mph I started to pull on him again. We shut down with him at my passenger door. I ended up talking to the guy for a few, he was pretty cool. He had a front mount, cai, exhaust and a tune. I didn't win by much, but I'm calling this one a kill.:fy:

depending on what year evo that should be a deep 12's car nice kill

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
What color was the MR? And what car do you drive

It was black with HIDs and tints. I have an s10 with an LSx 4.8 a4. Theres no way that evo was a 12 sec car. It pulled hard but if I had to guess I'd say mid to high 13's. He had his girl with him, but I don't think that makes much of a difference. You should have seen his face when I jumped ahead on the roll race, priceless. I cannot wait to see what this truck will do at gld on labor day, I'm dying to know. Really thinking I can crack off a 13.xx pass, assuming the rear end stays together lol.

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Yea I was just doing some searching. Looks like they run 13.8's stock. Either he didn't know how to drive, or I am underestimating my truck haha

EVO's do not run 13.8 stock. My friend ran a 12.8 with intake and exhaust and the boost raised couple pounds on shitty tires. Buncha people have ran 12.9's with near stock EVOs. He probably just wasn't driving it correctly

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
EVO's do not run 13.8 stock. My friend ran a 12.8 with intake and exhaust and the boost raised couple pounds on shitty tires. Buncha people have ran 12.9's with near stock EVOs. He probably just wasn't driving it correctly

That's kind of a shitty example to support your claim. Say they run faster than 13.8 then talk about a modded car running faster. I'd say mid to low 13s is the average.

X2, Shitty tires are kinda irrelevant on an AWD car that isn't running CRAZY fast times, and 'a couple of pounds' can make quite a bit of difference....

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
That's kind of a shitty example to support your claim. Say they run faster than 13.8 then talk about a modded car running faster. I'd say mid to low 13s is the average.

This

mine ran 13.5 stock all day long, and its hard to be a shitty driver with an evo you just dump it and go either it hooks or it dosnt, id say that s10 rips pretty good

And this!! Especially what smokin said. You'll crack a mid 13 with no trouble at all. And with the small/mild bump stick low 13.s are def obtainable!

Awesome kill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info