Tires

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
how do you like that pilot power? can you compare it to anything else? i need to get a new rear tire and currently run the shinko 003 soft and at the track it hooks great but on the street i wish it hooked a little better. I'm probably gonna go with the super soft next time but i have heard pretty good things on the pilot power.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
The only tires i've ever ridden on was the Shinko 003, Michlen Pilot Power, Dunlop Roadsmart I think the Shinko's deftinally hooked the best but was scary in wet weather and on the street hooked okay I like the Pilot powers I had them on my CBR and now this GSXR and they do great in wet, and corners etc. Although it spins on the street for me in 1st when I crack on it and no testing at the track on it yet. The 003 ultra soft and Shinko has a new "drag radial" which is supposed to be super sticky!

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
how do you like that pilot power? can you compare it to anything else? i need to get a new rear tire and currently run the shinko 003 soft and at the track it hooks great but on the street i wish it hooked a little better. I'm probably gonna go with the super soft next time but i have heard pretty good things on the pilot power.

I have them on my bike too.. They are really good in the corners and they are also very soft. They don't last as long as some tires because of how soft they are though. Oh and I wouldn't do burnouts on them because they will be gone in no time.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Thanks guys, I'm not to concerned about cornering with the stretch I have on my bike as I definitely can't lean as much as you guys. I also try and stay out of the rain but have dealt with being caught in the rain, I was on the Shinko 003 soft so I know what to expect if I got the super soft and was caught in the rain.

I know about the drag radial tire the just came out with but the say it's just ment for the track and I need a dual purpose track street tire. If I had an extra rim I'd already have the tire but I could bet that tire would be gone within 3k miles if riden on the street.

I suprisingly got 7k miles and about ten trips to the track with this "soft" tire. O and forget the many first gear rolling burnouts on it either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info