Had some fun on I80 last night

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
Been fighting this vibration in my front end, replacing tie rods and such, well found out the problem the hard way.

Ended up being the tire.

Photo0166.jpg

So, after pulling over to the side, remembered a few things:

1. No jack in the car (wasn't in it when I bought it, never bothered to get one)
2. Spare tire mechanism is seized up
3. No tire iron or tools for the spare tire mech. (also were not in the vehicle at purchase)

So, had a buddy run to my place and grab all tools needed, and had to break the cable holding the spare in place. Come to find out the spare is flat, drove like 10 mph to the nearest exit and put air in it and went on my merry way, fun times.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Been fighting this vibration in my front end, replacing tie rods and such, well found out the problem the hard way.

Ended up being the tire.

Photo0166.jpg

So, after pulling over to the side, remembered a few things:

1. No jack in the car (wasn't in it when I bought it, never bothered to get one)
2. Spare tire mechanism is seized up
3. No tire iron or tools for the spare tire mech. (also were not in the vehicle at purchase)

So, had a buddy run to my place and grab all tools needed, and had to break the cable holding the spare in place. Come to find out the spare is flat, drove like 10 mph to the nearest exit and put air in it and went on my merry way, fun times.

i know all about the "hard way"
chasing a shutter in the car..... rebuilt the rear end... and it was a plug wire not plugged to the ignition coil.

:eek3:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info