I kinda want a Kia. That is not a typo.

epic

Bawlin.
Jan 20, 2008
Roselle, IL
So, once my GTO really starts to piss me off - I'm getting rid of it for something else... in about a year. I really don't like the idea of buying a BMW/Audi for how much they cost and how not powerful they are.

• There is no domestic that looks good to me.
  • I want something that has 250+HP under $30gs
  • I want something that gets great gas mileage as my daily commute is 65miles
Oddly enough, the Kia Optima meets all of those and then some. :ugh:
Never thought I'd ever consider one, however they've upped their game on this model if you actually go research it some.

2011_kia_optima_f34_fd_1214105_717.jpg

• twin-scroll turbocharger system to pump out 274 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque
  • Unlike higher-strung turbo engines, the Kia is designed to run on regular unleaded 87-octane fuel thanks to a 9.5:1 compression ratio.
  • 34 mpg highway rating and only 2 mpg less (22 mpg) in the city
  • the chart-topping SX features standard turbo power along with a number of exclusive features including rich-looking black leather seats with woven trim, alloy pedals, auto-height HID headlamps, LED rear combination lamps, a rear lip spoiler, side skirts, and aero-enhancing front and rear lower bumpers, carbon fiber trim
  • 18-inch alloy wheels with P225/45R18 tires, 1-inch larger (12.6-inch) front brake rotors with black-painted calipers and a "sport tuned" suspension. The latter consists of stiffer dampers and recalibrated steering.
  • Smartkey like my vette. Push button. Bluetooth. Leather/cloth seats.

$26,690. Wowzer.

Can anyone tell me a car that's better than this?

PS: The vette is going nowhere. Only place it'd go is trading it in on a 2014 Viper or C7.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It looks great but there are still signs it's a $25k car. Both turbo and na engines sound unrefined. For the price it's a bargain. Despite being a FWD midsize sedan it handles amazingly. I'm a fan. We named it our 2011 car of the year. There are issues with the Optima and the Sonata with steering pull but I just read they came out with a fix. Only time will tell if it's a real fix. The others haven't been.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Honestly I love the 2011+ Kias and Hyundais, I think that optima would be a good buy. While you're shopping check out the new sonata turbo. I test drove a 2011 last year, crazy quiet and comfortable, loaded with options, sleek, clean look, ect. I drove a non-turbo one with just the standard GDI 4-cyl and it moved pretty well, IIRC the turbo model is around 280 horse.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
WRX is in the same price range, same power, you get AWD, and will hold its value way longer. On the down side only gets in the mid 20's for mileage

And it's fucking trash, takes premium and will blow up....oh and all the paint will flake off.

Stick to the Kia. Even the Kia equivalent to the elantra look nice. Forget what it's called

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info