99 Suburban Tune Up

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Picked up a 99 Suburban Sunday night, pictures soon, and I am going to do some general maintenance. It has the Vortech 350, L31 I think...

Let me know what you think I should check and/or replace.

Here is my quick list so far...

02 Sensors
PCV Valve
Fuel Filter
Air Filter - Fine
Change oil and filter - Done
Plugs
Differentials
Wires
Cap and Rotor
Clean MAF/EGR/TB - Done
Clean IAC

Trans Fluid?

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Last night I:

Cleaned the MAF
Cleaned the EGR and replaced the gasket
Cleaned the TB
Air filter is good
Changed the oil

Everything was in good shape and there was 'gunk' to clean but not an excessive amount like I expected.

I also installed a new battery.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
3k, I'll get some photos up this weekend. IMO worth the money. Suburbans seem to not like to dip that low and if they do they are absolutely beaten up. The inside on this is beautiful and the outside is free from major defects. The only negative is the motor swap, but it is more of an unknown than a negative at this point.

And thank you.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Took a look at the rear diff and I think it is leaking ever so slightly. So I will have to look into servicing those and the transfer case. I will probably skip the trans as it shifts fine and too many horro stories about changing fluid on a high mileage one.

Installed the dog barrier in the back tonight. Bad instructions made that take longer than it should have. One dog got right in but the other is scared of everything... lol

The previous owner had like double the tire pressure in the tires! Doh. Rides much better now. Also I replaced a taillight bulb.

Working through my list little by little...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info