Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I need some new tires in the rear, and Ive narrowed it down to these 2. Obviously living where I do a summer tire is no problem to run year round, so I need one w/ some good performance, but also some decent longevity. I dont need a slick or DR cuz my car never sees a track and id still like to have at least some wet handling for the rare times we actually get a good downpour.

I know the V12's are fairly popular, but does anyone have any experience w/ the nittos? I found some V12's on tire rack in the size i need (265/35/18) for 180 a piece, versus 224 a piece for the nittos. I think that makes my decision easy right there, but id like to hear some opinions. haha

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im thinking the kooks would suit my needs pretty well. i ran hankooks on my wrx and never had a problem w/ them. im sure the nt05's would be nice as well, but for the price, you cant really argue w/ the V12's.

Tho its rather odd that everyone seems to be responding w/ hankooks, yet the nittos are winning out in the poll...... :rofl: :dunno:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Ventus and NT05 really aren't comparable. You would want to look at the hankook RS-3 to be comparable to the Nt05

For what you are doing I think the Ventus would be perfect. My Z loves them they just love heat to get the grip really going. I know my friend tracks his car on NT05's when he has to travel long distances to get there and they grip a lot better than my tires but that is when you really push it.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Have the NT05R's and I won't be getting them again. I actually had better luck and traction with the 555's and they didn't try to murder me everytime it drizzled.

i have the NT05 street tire and they arent too bad in the rain. i wont be getting them again either though, the wear is terrible. i only have about 8k on them and they are pretty much at the wear bars.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Have the NT05R's and I won't be getting them again. I actually had better luck and traction with the 555's and they didn't try to murder me everytime it drizzled.

What would you get if you were to Ditch the nt05r's? Reason I ask that is what I'm leaning toward getting for my car. I've only read good things about the nt05r's, but this is the first thread where I'm hearing a couple people shy away.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
What would you get if you were to Ditch the nt05r's? Reason I ask that is what I'm leaning toward getting for my car. I've only read good things about the nt05r's, but this is the first thread where I'm hearing a couple people shy away.

I will most likely be getting a set of et streets and for dd duty another set of 555r's

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice. Tires have shipped, and I should have them by thursday hopefully. I ordered them from tire rack, and they actually called me up today just to make sure I was aware that due to the size i ordered, i may have rubbing issues if i tried to install them on the front :rofl: he said since i just ordered the 2 he knew i was getting them for the rear, but just wanted to call anyways. Im sure theres some kinda liability reasoning behind it, but i still think thats pretty decent customer service :bigthumb:

Thread Info