What did you get done (automotive) today?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Was a good day for me. I spent all day cleaning the garage yesterday (including washing the walls). Got down to business today.

Raised my lower engine mount on the passenger side.
Rebuilt the upper pass side mount.
Fixed my leaking header crossover, and put the correct donut gasket on it.
Fixed (welded shut) my leaking EGR.
Made a bracket to hold my MAP sensor (no more zip ties!)
Swapped in the smaller Monte Carlo brake booster
Changed the oil
Made a better ground strap for the ICM
Pressure washed the CV grease off the chassis
I also found my upper mounts were misadjusted, by a bunch! motor was tilted back too far, and was probably why I was getting bad vibes and blowing CV's

Can't wait to drive it, may go out for a few minutes tonight, but I'm pretty beat.

I'm sure everyone was doing something in the garage at some point today.

wrapkitpainted001_2.jpg

Last edited:

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
Decided I wanted to spend some time outside today, so, installed my Speedbuilt FWI.

Can't really do much more than that since I am at school and limited to pretty much screw drivers. Was going to get a wash but by the time I was done it was almost night out and I'll get one tomorrow.

Still need a fluids change tho.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Lets see. I registered the GTO, so I installed the license plate.

I washed the WRX and got that all presentable-like, cleaned up the engine bay a little, cleaned my maf, etc.

And I watched my brother as he put a K&N filter in his G and changed his cabin air filter, which was completely black and junked up :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Finally brought the hatch out to naperville, picked up new rims/tires (pics soon), helped thinkingstrings get as much out of his wrecked CRX as possible *and put his CRX on my crappy 13 inch steelies*, Beat on my car all day like a red-headed step-child and broke an axle by the sounds of it.

Un-related, I then came home and did the laundry and my woman.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
rocker/spring/mps install at the shop...in the last 24 hours a couple more things fell into placve with the 4t80e swap work
oh and jacobs new SDD Fatman rails are done... check em out... (this is the final revision for -10 production (using -8 an bungs), however the -8 bolt in rails will incorporate a welded on FPR housing in the OE location as the major difference from what you see here.)
SDDfatmanrails-8anfittings.jpg

Rear rail closeup. the thread in cap is to allow the use of a single L26/32 pulsation dampner, this still gives twice the dampening area of the 99+ OE rails besides the benifits of a larger fuel resevoir/slowing fuel flow past the inj inlets
rearrail.jpg

purdy eh?
frontview.jpg

even more fun is planned for tomarro...er... today lol its a block party! (drilling blocks/oiling mods, for the Riv, 442, & Dragwhore)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info