micro fibers

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Cheap microfibers will scratch the hell out of your car. You may not really notice on light colored cars, but if you buff all the swirls on your car, use these and then put your car under lights you will see. I use my $20 high quality microfibers and a leaf blower for drying and I reserve my cheaper microfibers for the interior, engine compartment and wheels.
Ask any detailer this.

like thirdgenta said... cheap = scratches.

i like my Adam's products and they make some killer single and double soft microfiber towels, utility towel,glass, and giant drying towels. ive had no complaints with thier stuff. little pricey but you get quality USA made products that work great and wash easily.

i have 2 large drying towels, and an assortment of other towels. maybe 15 total, and i just wash them after each use and good as new. ill prolly go thru all 15 on one car, wash, dry, and ready for the next. no need to ever throw em out.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Cheap microfibers will scratch the hell out of your car. You may not really notice on light colored cars, but if you buff all the swirls on your car, use these and then put your car under lights you will see. I use my $20 high quality microfibers and a leaf blower for drying and I reserve my cheaper microfibers for the interior, engine compartment and wheels.
Ask any detailer this.

This is pretty good info. I wish I knew this before I used a cheaper microfiber cloth on my wrx. First time I put a cloth on the car=swirl marks instantly. I bought a nicer cloth a few weeks ago and never used it. Used it to buff off some of the old goo from the vinyl stripes on my 5.0 and it didn't leave one freakin mark or swirl...awesome stuff. The cloth was trash after that goo...so I had to throw it away, but will try and find it again. I don't even remember the brand though, will just have to use ones suggested in here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info