Nissan Altima 2.5s help

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Welcome to TCG, but I'm going to have to be blunt and say if you want more performance out of a 4 cylinder automatic Altima, you might want to consider trading it in... Used car prices are great right now for all parties involved it would seem, and you could probably get a 3.5 powered Altima, or a Sentra SER for very little money more than your car is worth.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I mean the basics for an NA car is simply Intake,headers, Exhaust, ECU, throttle body, I forget if they make an intake manifold for that car.

The engine got a nice boost in power in 2007 along with a bump in redline as it didn't like revving up high previous to that.

Interesting article about the motor.
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_arti...ys-turbo-nissan-qr25de-powerhouse-part-1.aspx

If it were me I would just leave it be and save up for a more fun car. But on the other hand I have most of the above mods and then suspension on my Maxima and it is a blast with the 5 speed for just tooling around when the Z is being a jerk.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Welcome to TCG, but I'm going to have to be blunt and say if you want more performance out of a 4 cylinder automatic Altima, you might want to consider trading it in... Used car prices are great right now for all parties involved it would seem, and you could probably get a 3.5 powered Altima, or a Sentra SER for very little money more than your car is worth.

Used car prices are great right now??? Maybe if you're a seller, but used car prices are higher than I've ever seen in my life.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Used car prices are great right now??? Maybe if you're a seller, but used car prices are higher than I've ever seen in my life.

That's what I mean, if you sell/trade it in, you can most likely get decent money for it. If you hunt hard, you can still find good prices on used cars.

I know as a whole prices are crazy right now.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well, with me starting my new job and having more cash flow getting a se-r wouldn't be a bad investment. I believe stock they push somewhere close to 275 hp. Probably will run me around 4-7 grand on a trade in.

If you're going to do that, ditch FWD and get a G35 sedan. Take two steps forward :rofl:

G35 prices (Especially in sedan guise) Impress the hell out of me.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:fy: on a G35 sedan or coupe for alittle more. I was dead set on a 05-06 SE-R Altima, really nice cars, but I got a G35 sedan instead. RWD > FWD.

I've survived 4 winters with my car and love it. I actually feel safer than in a FWD car in the snow... at least I can steer. Proper tires are key in winter.

:fy: on a G35 sedan or coupe for alittle more. I was dead set on a 05-06 SE-R Altima, really nice cars, but I got a G35 sedan instead. RWD > FWD.

I've survived 4 winters with my car and love it. I actually feel safer than in a FWD car in the snow... at least I can steer. Proper tires are key in winter.

I can steer too? It's called taking your foot off the gas for 2 seconds and then turning the wheel. Not that big of an inconvenience.

I'm not knocking on G35's by any means. Like you said, tires are the key. But think about the type of people Infinity markets to...people with $$$, who don't fix their cars themselves and leave it to dealers and mechanics. They're luxury cars. I'm not saying you are stupid by any means (obviously smarter than me since I drive all seasons year round :rofl:), but I would bet there's way more than a handful of Infiniti owners that probably barely know how to fill it up with gas. So not every G35 owner is going to throw winter tires on, they just throw some all season on and call it a day. And its those people that struggle hard in the winter, and I very well do notice it especially with G35's.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I can steer too? It's called taking your foot off the gas for 2 seconds and then turning the wheel. Not that big of an inconvenience.

I'm not knocking on G35's by any means. Like you said, tires are the key. But think about the type of people Infinity markets to...people with $$$, who don't fix their cars themselves and leave it to dealers and mechanics. They're luxury cars. I'm not saying you are stupid by any means (obviously smarter than me since I drive all seasons year round :rofl:), but I would bet there's way more than a handful of Infiniti owners that probably barely know how to fill it up with gas. So not every G35 owner is going to throw winter tires on, they just throw some all season on and call it a day. And its those people that struggle hard in the winter.

Those same people can't modulate a throttle to save their lives. Watched plenty of people who tried getting through unplowed alleys etc by just gunning it. Pop it in second and cut the torque down already.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

I'm not knocking on G35's by any means. Like you said, tires are the key. But think about the type of people Infinity markets to...people with $$$, who don't fix their cars themselves and leave it to dealers and mechanics. They're luxury cars. I'm not saying you are stupid by any means (obviously smarter than me since I drive all seasons year round :rofl:), but I would bet there's way more than a handful of Infiniti owners that probably barely know how to fill it up with gas. So not every G35 owner is going to throw winter tires on, they just throw some all season on and call it a day. And its those people that struggle hard in the winter, and I very well do notice it especially with G35's.

No worries I got what you were saying earlier. I see those same G and Z owners every year too. I dont feel bad for them either, they just are risking an accident. Our cars came with summer tires from the factory. They either dont know this and/or when its time to change they probably go with the OEM tire (summer) again per the dealers recommedation. I know Infiniti even offers winter tire packages, where you can unload an exorbitant amount of money to have them mount winter tires on a set of aftermarket rims :rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info