Spied: 2012 Charger

pjGLI

Aug 7, 2008
Chesterfield, MI
Real Name
Paul
Hey everyone. Long time, no post...

I was walking through the parking lot today when out of the corner of my eye I caught a shiny new black 2012 Charger. Yes, the Charger with the much speculated/anticipated ZF 8-speed automatic.

You might ask how I can know its a 2012...

Well, the gear shift bares a striking resemblance to the spy photos of the ZF test model from early in the year and is completely different from 2011 models.

Also, it's an AWD model with the Pentastar V6, a combination not offered on the 2011.

Most importantly, the car belongs to someone I know here at work who is married to a Chrysler exec. I've been told it's one of only 30 or so on the road as of right now, all of which are being reported on back to Chrysler.

If anyone is interested, I'll try to go out at lunch and snag some pictures of the ZF shifter (if it's not raining). I'm also trying to get a drive or ride in it this week.

pjGLI

Aug 7, 2008
Chesterfield, MI
Real Name
Paul
It's all good. The new Charger is sweet.

You got that right Joe.

Just took it out for a spin. The ZF is very, very nice. Quick shifts but a little hesitant on selecting the right gear when entering the freeway.

I'm curious to see fuel economy numbers when they come out. At 70mph, the tach was in the 1600-1700 range.

Can't wait to see it mated with the Hemi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info