Test drove 11' stang gt today

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My main response is :bigthumb: but let me elaborate.

It was a race red base model 5.0 with all black interior cloth. It was also the manual 6 speed tranny, which I was really impressed with.

Started at lower speeds and of course killed it right away because the clutch pedal is much more delicate and not nearly as heavy as my current WRX. No problems after that and got moving. The acceleration is extremely smooth at low speeeds even in first gear. The shifts are pretty firm, but have a nice smooth transition into gears. There is not any clanking around or bumpy shifts. I didn't notice any problems with the trans at all. I know there had been some problems with the 6 speed manuals, but they did not apply to this car. The shifter even has very limited movement and doesn't bounce around at all that I noticed. I could seee a short throw shifter being pretty crucial in this car, but not really needed

After driving the car I couldn't help but feel like it was just extremely well built and great quality. The interior did not make any noise and was solid. Stereo was pretty damn good really. 4 people could fit into the car for short to moderate distances I would think. I don't carry more than 2 people anyway, and this isn't a family car. The seats did a good job hugging your body but they weren't too narrow or harsh. All of the plastic felt nice and thick with a soft texture.

Car is very tame at low speeds but is easily woken up even in 3rd to 4th gears. Turning has very little body roll for regular driving. Suspension is actually very smooth yet firm when kinda banging through the gears. There wasn't a lot of nose diving between shifts. Overall a very well behaved vehicle at any speed.

The torque that v8 puts out is nice. Couldn't help but chirp the tires into 3rd. The powerband came on nice and early and stayed pretty steady through the rpm range(only opened it to 6k). And really, who doesn't like the sound of a 5.0 liter v8?

I could have walked out with the red one as I could have afforded it, but I wasn't sold on the color. It is a nice red though. If I can find one that isn't red and one that I can still afford, I am trading in my WRX for one of these sexy machines. :pedobear:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
that was the first time i had rode in one also Andy and i do agree, it was a nice comfortable ride and had plenty of pep to put a smile on your face as a DD. we will find you one other then red, dont get to anxious you go somewhere else though lol. ;)

here is the car he is referring to:

1ZVBP8CF3B5144096_01.jpg

1ZVBP8CF3B5144096_21.jpg

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Standard cars are not bad. Now get in one with the Brembo brakes, upgraded suspension and optional gear ratio. yyyyeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!! That is a fun car. But you can't find places dealing on the Brembo set up like you can a standard 5.0.

Aaaaaaah see that clears things up. I assumed you were in a brembo set up. I guess those are going for more. But the Standard set up doesnt seem bad either. Personally I would want the brembo set up.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeah, they are a great addition. Plus you get what I think are better looking wheels and suspension upgrades. But the standard 5.0 is no slouch in stock form. Get lowering/stiffer springs and you have a great handling car.

I want a Kona Blue 5.0 w/ the Brembo set up bad. But not looking to pay the price dealers are asking right now.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, they are a great addition. Plus you get what I think are better looking wheels and suspension upgrades. But the standard 5.0 is no slouch in stock form. Get lowering/stiffer springs and you have a great handling car.

I want a Kona Blue 5.0 w/ the Brembo set up bad. But not looking to pay the price dealers are asking right now.

That bad even with the Mike Pratt discount?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info