Stalling at idle

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
Hey everyone.

I am just looking for some reassurance, but since I installed my header, high flow cat, and exhaust I got a CEL. To eliminate the CEL I used this product:

http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/angled-cel-fix.html

It got rid of the CEL perfectly, but I am experience some occasional stalling at idle. For instance after cruising around at 50 MPH and I cost to a light, at the light and fully stopped the car's oil pressure will dip and the engine shuts off.

I figure it is the ECU trying to find the sweet spot especially with the eliminator. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
i never said it would make it die, i said it influences fuel trims. like redevo said it would be a good idea to reset keep alive memory of whatever term lotus/toyota uses, the two combined could cause a stall. im not going to get in a pissing match with you because i know youre a gm tech. otherwise like james said check the intake for leaks post maf and vacuum.

the best thing to do would get a scan tool so you can monitor whats going on when it dies

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
is the vehicle equipped with a low oil pressure Fuel pump kill?

clean maf thermisters, clean iac pintle/port/throttle blade...it may be coked up enoughthat the iac cant open far enough for the airflow to run the engine at decel

this guys put in the only worthwhile suggestions.

do you have a k/n filter?
that oil effs up maf sensors
and your maf is fucking finnicky.
it should read 4.5ish
bet you at warmup its right around 3
check into that.

and that thread you posted in is a good start.
seems like a tune is key.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
I do not have a KN filter.

I disconnected the battery for awhile yesterday and did not have any issues today. Is it possible that as oil temperature rises (thereby reducing oil pressure) could have the vehicle stall? Whenever the stall would happen the oil temperature was higher. I did not get the oil temperature that high today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info