Taxes on a car?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Forgot about that gas tax, that's such bull. The government should NOT be allowed to tax people because of their choice of a vehicle. Savings on private party is usually decent unless it's a very new car. But when you buy a high-end car from a reputable dealer like motorwerks, anderson, etc. you're less likely to have problems come up quickly though IMO. If you buy it private party I'd at least take it to a local BMW dealer for an inspection, worth the $100 before you spend that kind of coin IMO. Told my mom to do that with hers, didn't, and now $400 in repairs and a month later it's still throwing 10 codes as of this morning.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Forgot about that gas tax, that's such bull. The government should NOT be allowed to tax people because of their choice of a vehicle. Savings on private party is usually decent unless it's a very new car. But when you buy a high-end car from a reputable dealer like motorwerks, anderson, etc. you're less likely to have problems come up quickly though IMO. If you buy it private party I'd at least take it to a local BMW dealer for an inspection, worth the $100 before you spend that kind of coin IMO. Told my mom to do that with hers, didn't, and now $400 in repairs and a month later it's still throwing 10 codes as of this morning.
After reading about all the SMG trans issues I wouldn't consider owning the car without an aftermarket warranty and would probably dump it after the warranty expired.

Mike, if you are planning on getting rid of the A8 and getting the M5, I think you will be VERY happy. There's nothing like an M car, they drive ridiculous for the type of cars they are.
Check out the other post. I drove one. It was sick. I was cursing you the whole time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info