06 GTO

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
We got this 15K mile 06 GTO in for a clutch, shifter and linelock and then added a few things due to finding the front struts blown, strut rub and front rotors warped.

LS7 clutch and flywheel
GM slave w/ shim
AMS remote clutch bleeder line
Ripshift with race handle
SJM Linelock w/ unpgraded Hurst cord
DBA rotors
Hawk pads
AMS braided brake lines
** cleaned/detailed calipers
** cleaned and painted caliper brackets
flush and bleed system using Motul 600
Pedders Street II suspension kit
**front struts with new mounts and bearings, rear shocks, F 1/2 lowering springs / R 3/8 lowering springs, diff. bushing, rear subframe bushings, front radius / adj. bushings & strut tower brace

few pics during and after the install
( excuse the wheel wells..pics before wash )

AMS_Performance_Pontiac_GTO_Brake_Suspension_01.jpg

AMS_Performance_Pontiac_GTO_Brake_Suspension_02.jpg

AMS_Performance_Pontiac_GTO_Brake_Suspension_06.jpg

AMS_Performance_Pontiac_GTO_Brake_Suspension_07.jpg

The car sits nice, drives nicely and handles much better now. The next round we are looking at an FI combo, Kooks w/ offroad mids, DMH cutouts and dyno tune :smile:

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
I have had good success with the Ls7 clutch if shimmed and blead properly in many cars. The main thing is you need to stay away from slipping the clutch and getting to much heat in it ( hot lapping ).

There are many cars I had part in over the years at 500+ rwhp and 3400-4200# cars which seen street, rr and drag racing with sticky tires.

The 2010 SS I drove most often at Speed with 640 rwhp held for a good 50 passes being extremely hard on it.
5500 rpm launch with a quick slip and going mid 1.5's on 28" DR's, stock gear and @ 4200# RW. I hurt it doing a hot lap on a 90 degree day and it was then replaced with a Mcleod RXT.

This car will be more street driven with the occasional track day. We wanted something that had a stock like feel, but still would hold some power.

I have faith in it :smile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info