Widened wheels

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't have any first hand experience but was looking at Wheels America in Elk Grove Village a little while back to widen my speedline WS6 wheels. Saw a few threads on ls1tech from guys who had it done.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I was just going to post about wheels America in elk grove. I wasn't sure if they did widening but looks like they do.

A guy at work had 2 wheels repaired there ($125 each) after he creamed a curb at road America. They looked brand new after they were done.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It wasn't cheap from what I remember. With Trans Ams there are very few aftermarket, non-drag wheels that look good on the car. And those that do look good are everywhere. I liked the widening option as a way to have that extra width and mean stance with a stock look. Plus I was only going to widen the rears. Not sure what options there are for the fifth gens as far as wheels.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Thanks guys, $250/wheel isn't bad at all. My wheel options right now are anywhere from 2-3K so if I can widen and powder coat stockers so I can get a 315 on the rear for under a grand that would be awesome. I'm going to look into Wheels and I'll keep you guys posted.

T

The Beast

My firehawk rear rims were widened by previous owner and he paid $500 shipped. Me personally I don't think it's worth it, but I can't compain u can fit a wider tire. It seems like alot of money when u can almost buy a different set of rims for that price. Would I pay to this to another set of rims? Probably not too much cash IMO

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Will you be able to keep stock looking offset with 315's?

Yeah, there's enough room if you widen the back rims. A lot of people widen the fronts and move the rears to the front to run 275 front/315 rear but that requires a spacer on the rear.

My firehawk rear rims were widened by previous owner and he paid $500 shipped. Me personally I don't think it's worth it, but I can't compain u can fit a wider tire. It seems like alot of money when u can almost buy a different set of rims for that price. Would I pay to this to another set of rims? Probably not too much cash IMO
I wish that was the case with the 5th gen. 20" rims aren't cheap. The best set of "decent" rims I found were like 2K. The CCW's I want are 3K.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info