2010 SS

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
We received a call from the customer in need of having his car looked at for some issues/concerns. The car is a 2,900 mile sick looking SS LS3/T56.

car came in with the following

forged pistons / 9.4:1 comp.
stock crank
stock rods
cam pkg. ( unknown specs )
Single Turbo kit w/ Turbonetics 76mm
FAST 65# injectors
Livernoise twin pump setup
stock midpipe
SLP axle back
E85 being injected via a Meth system
catch can
Hurst shifter
Unknown aftermarket clutch
Spohn arms
VFN hood
Foose wheels
Custom paint

We consulted with the customer after viewing the car and worked out a plan of attack. We got the major issues resolved and worked with the system the best we could without removing the drivetrain.

We can confidently say in the end we made the car much more safe and enjoyable to drive with what we had to work with. We also picked up some power with less boost and timing. The car pulls very hard throughout the rpm band now :)

The customer is extremely happy with the repairs and re-tune.

here are a few pics of the car

AMS_Performance_Gen_5_Camaro_01.jpg

AMS_Performance_Gen_5_Camaro_05.jpg

AMS_Performance_Gen_5_Camaro_03.jpg

AMS_Performance_Gen_5_Camaro_04.jpg

The below graph shows the difference of the tune it came in with ( with repairs/revisions completed ) and the results after AMS re-tune
93 octane and Meth ( no E85 injection )

kiestei.jpg

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
Interesting, never heard of this before. Looks like a fun build.

We have never heard of it either and the reason we changed it around.

Not a fan of the 5th Gens but this one makes good power, good work Larry

thanks

I actually got a call from the customer again as I was typing the thread and he was loving how it just pulls so hard up top now :)

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
So is it running methanol through the meth system now? :hsugh:

yes.. I noted it with the dyno info :)

I did the E85 through my meth system, cheaper than filling the tank up with Meth, and it's still 109 octane, so a vast improvement over pump gas alone.

We are not saying it can't work, but we have never heard of it, seen it. The systems are not designed to run it either (seals/grommets). The other issue is the 5 gallon tank in the trunk of a car made fumes a little hard to deal with while driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info