I thought my ranger was crazy

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
5.0 Coyote + KB Blower...

2011 4X4 ranger.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/174322-5.0L-Coyote-Powered-Ford-Ranger-Truck

"Blow By Racing is about to begin a pretty cool project. Customer bought a 2011 Ford Ranger with the 4.0L engine in it. Well, he wants more.... and by more I mean A LOT MORE!!!!
He decided he wanted to go with a 5.0L 4V Coyote engine and add a little bit of power by adding a Kenne Bell Liquid Cooled 2.8 Mammoth and putting a Tremec Magnum T-56 Transmission behind that to hold up that awesome power it'll be making."

20110613140432734.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You'd have to look at the factories they are made in and see if they are even covering the overhead cost. Ok it may only be $6K in raw materials, but the factory probably has some sort of lease, maybe even the equipment, the workers pay, the utilities, all add up to a lot. Considering how cheap it is to, I really don't think they are making a whole bunch off of it either.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dan how do you even fit in your ranger? I felt like an Ed Roth drawing in my aunts old ranger. It was the previous model to yours though.

You answered your own question :hs:

3 inches more rearward seat travel and cab space in Standard cabs as of 1998/the current generation of them. The interior re-design in 95 helped some also. If you are ever at a meet that I'm at you are welcome to take it for a spin and see how you fit.

You'd have to look at the factories they are made in and see if they are even covering the overhead cost. Ok it may only be $6K in raw materials, but the factory probably has some sort of lease, maybe even the equipment, the workers pay, the utilities, all add up to a lot. Considering how cheap it is to, I really don't think they are making a whole bunch off of it either.

Rangers can be VERY expensive.... The MSRP is 18K for a base model XL now. A Super cab, V-6, Automatic, 4X4, is 27K right out the gates.... Load it with options, Bam, 30K.

a nearly 50% increase in MSRP for 18 extra inches of space, 70 horse power, and 4X4 (18K-27K)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info