Friend's Fox Turbo Mustang Build

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Since there are a lot of turbo cars and home builds on the site, I figured you would enjoy my friend Shaun's build thread. Shaun and Anthony of ShaunAnthony’s are the guys that built Pratt’s (PressureRatio) turbo kit and exhaust. For Shaun’s build, they decided to go all out and hand build pretty much everything. The thread is a bit long, but it’s cool to see all the custom fab work they are doing. The intake setup with 8 individual hand built throttle bodies is a work of art. When the car is done, they are shooting for 700 on pump gas at the tires and close to 1,000 on race fuel.

Background on the car: 1990 Cobra clone. We ran Incon turbos for a few years. After blowing a bunch of head gaskets and wrecking one shortblock I decided get rid of Dave Inall’s idea of a pyramid scheme/wet dream and coaxed Anthony back into the shop.

Here are the specs/criteria:

-395” Windsor
-twin MP T70’s
-1 3/4" header primaries
-3.5” downpipes
-3.5” aluminum exhaust
-Shaunthony’s rebuildable aluminum mufflers
-OVER the axle tail pipes
-PS and A/C hung off Shaunthony’s brackets
-Power brakes
-Shaunthony’s sheet metal intake with 8 individual billet runners/throttle bodies(just added)
-Shaunthony’s air to water IC
-Spark plug access with impact sockets
-AEM firing LS2 coils in wasted spark config (just added)
-All this shit needs to fit under a stock steel hood

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135553.0

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:fy:

That's awesome.

IMG_1152%20(Medium).jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
These are the guys who built my turbo kit. They are capable of top notch work.

Fuck even he has air conditioning.....

Correct. They are using the bracket set that was made for my car. Works great and sits much lower than the factory alternator and A/C compressor set up from the factory. That gave us the room for the 5" down pipe to run over it.

Brackets_Engine_1.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
x2

not a fan of the middle finger on EVERYTHING but hey, it's bad ass.

Yeah. They are a fan of their logo. I was luck as the bracket set was the only thing that had it on it. They wanted to put it on every thing. Including one large on my parachute!

It's about fucking time. This thing has been getting built since 2005!

Yeah, A couple projects got them side tracked. But it is all about this car now. The goal is to have it ready for the wedding coming up.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, A couple projects got them side tracked. But it is all about this car now. The goal is to have it ready for the wedding coming up.

I think the build is only about a year and a half in. Shaun said it's going to be ready for the wedding, so we shall see. He was painting the cage last Friday when I stopped by. Shaun said you lost a lot of weight.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think the build is only about a year and a half in. Shaun said it's going to be ready for the wedding, so we shall see. He was painting the cage last Friday when I stopped by. Shaun said you lost a lot of weight.
Yeah, they dropped the cage through the floor to paint the tops and areas where you can't get at when it is welded in it's final place. I think it is being final welded in now.

yup, I am down about 40# so far. Weight loss has slowed some due to putting on some muscle I am sure. But getting there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info