10sec is getting an Evo - Thoughts?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Bru is a proud supporter of the Evo X :rofl: BTW, i was meaning to tell you, I saw the Top Gear episode about the Evo X vs STI and :bowrofl: Jeremy Clarkson HATES the STI, and from what I saw that thing handles like garbage too. So considering my options, which are either a overpriced evo 8 or 9, or low mileage Evo X's for like $3-$4k more. I'm going to try for the X's and see if i can work them into my budget. Going to go look at one on Saturday if it's still there, maybe make an offer :noes: On top of the way overpriced 8's and 9's, they're fucking IMPOSSIBLE to find stock or near it. Every single one of those things are molested, or awaiting a $1000 timing chain/water pump install. :picard:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
You like the price? IDK if they're budge, as far as I can tell that's the cheapest one around here given the miles.

Price seems good compared to suggested KBB value with that mileage. Might want to ask the dealership for a carfax. It's obviously not infallible but there might be an accident on the report if they're asking less. I think it showed $31k when I checked KBB.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
awesome man. the evo was the other car I was considering when I got the TA :bigthumb:

For some odd reason I could not see you climbing out of an evo. :s00ls:

On the plus side dealers were practically trying to give Evo X's away when new. Which is probably why 09's don't seem to exist....

Yep, they produced so many in 08 that didn't sell that they held off making them in 09 to clear out the inventory.

OP, get the evo. Just think if you start to mod the crap out of it, you will never have to fight traction from a dig. If you get an older one get the 5 speed. I hear it's more durable than the MR's 6 speed.:jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info