Evo Clutch install?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Looking to buy a STOCK evo or very lightly modded, and I have found one in a price range I am comfortable with. However, it needs a clutch (kinda worries me... only 42,000 miles.. :hsugh:) so I was wondering if you could just toss out an estimation on how much it would cost to install a clutch? Parts/labor. I want to road race the car, so I just want stock or close to it, no drag racing in the future what so ever, and I do not plan on ever modding it.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
stiff is usually from excessive diaphram spring protrusion from a worn friction disc or a clutch linkage problem, those however are hydraulic so you can rule out most of the system other than a binding/bent pedal pivot.

grinding into 3rd only could be a fork pad/syncro issue as most times that a clutch doesnt release fully when depressed it'll grind into any gear not just third...but it could just be clutch drag...dont know that much about those tranny's

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Abort!

eject0.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Looking to buy a STOCK evo or very lightly modded, and I have found one in a price range I am comfortable with. However, it needs a clutch (kinda worries me... only 42,000 miles.. :hsugh:) so I was wondering if you could just toss out an estimation on how much it would cost to install a clutch? Parts/labor. I want to road race the car, so I just want stock or close to it, no drag racing in the future what so ever, and I do not plan on ever modding it.

what color is said evo, my old wicked white evo 9 is still around chicago somewhare and around that millage, also if you launch the car alot on good tires the stock clutch wont take it for long, I toasted mine around 10k miles but I beat the hell out of it, ive herd that its not so much the stock clutch disk but the pressur plate not haveing enough force that causes the clutch to burn up faster

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info