do fucking want. 90 gmc/496/gear vendors overdrive

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...5779510?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aac266db6

Up for auction is a 1990 GMC Sierra SLE Cre Cab 4x4. Power windows, power door locks, tilt, delay wipers.
It's an original California truck. No winters and no rust. The truck has been in Ohio for about 10 years and under my ownership for about 6. Always garage kept. I used this truck to pull our family travel trailer and over the years spent the time and effort on the mechanical restoration and the interior. It is a very nice truck to drive and ride in. I doubt you'll find many to be in the mechanical condition this truck is in.
Steering & Suspension: The front steering components are new within the last 15k miles. New inner and outer tie rods, new front and rear drag link, new steering box. The truck also has 1 inch Zero Rate lift blocks all the way around. These are the only blocks acceptable to use on the front springs as they bolt to the spring pack themselves.
Wheels & Tires: New Cooper Discoverer ST 255/85/16. The wheels are American Eagle and have been powder coated and cleared.
Brakes: The front brakes have been rebuilt with new calipers, pads, and brake lines. Rotors were turned with new seals and re-packed bearings. This past winter I added rear disk brakes with DIY4x4 caliper brackets, 03 Express rotors, and 87 3/4 ton high GVW calipers and pads. I aslo had to switch to a hydro boost and master cylinder from an 02 3/4 ton truck to work with the rear rotors.
Motor & Drivetrain: The truck was an original TBI 454 / TH400 combo with a Gear Vendors overdrive. Last year I replaced the 454 with a Vortec 8100 out of an 01 Silverado 3500. The TH400 and Gear Vendors are still in the truck. The Gear Vendors unit is a factory reconditioned core. It's part of a program that GV provides. All the support electronics were replaced with the unit, so you can consider the entire unit new. The 8.1 runs very well and was a big improvement in torque, driveability, and fuel economy. The truck has Doug Thorley headers, a high flow Cat, and a Flowmaster 70 series muffler.
Interior: I used 95 Astro Van bucket seats which are a dead match to the interior color and rear seat material pattern. I did have to modify the seat brackets for fit, but it worked out well. All the seat functions work as they should. The headliner has been recovered and I recovered Suburban sunvisors with the lighted mirror and the outer clip retainer....they are much nicer than the typical truck sunvisors. The dash has a new cap that turned out really well, and all the plastic interior trim was repainted. The interior is really very nice. I also installed an overhead console with a monitor. The system is setup to play through the truck stereo and I use a simple, small DVD player on the road.
Stereo: The system consists of an Alpine head unit, with Pioneer 6x9's in the rear and Blaupunkt 3.5's up front. The system also has a Kenwood amp and a pair of 10" MTX subs behind the rear seat. It's not over the top, but it sounds very good.
What Still Needs Done:
Paint: The paint isn't in the best shape. The California sun was hard on it. It is a bit faded, and starting to peal and chip on some edges. The new cowl hood is still in primer. The truck will need repainted to be really nice. Having said that, there is absolutely no rust on this truck. There are no dents. It is very straight and very clean.
Parking Brak: Because front calipers were used on the rear the emergency brake was lost. I do have a parking brake rotor from an H1 Hummer and a mechanical caliper from a go cart. My intent was to fab up a pinion mounted parking brake. The parts are there, but it will need completed for that to be functional.
AC: All of the AC components are in place, but the new 8.1 harness still needs to be tied into the HVAC. The AC lines will also need completed to tie the 8.1 compressor into the old system. The AC functioned very well before, so the support components are in good shape.
Fuel System: There is an external Warlbro electric fuel pump to feed the 8.1. The original dual tanks, fuel pumps, and selector valve are still in the truck. When the new harness was integrated I lost feed to the feul pumps and dash mounted tank selector. As it sits you can only get and read fuel out of the driver tank. I just haven't had a chnace to sort that out, but it should function just like normal with both tanks and the factory fuel pumps feeding the external Warlbro unti. This is more a less an inconvenience right now.
Cruise Control: The 8.1 uses drive by wire, so the cruise control harness just needs tied into the pedal harness.
Extras: I have the original hood, another GMC tailgate, the original bud wheels, all new window channel weather stripping from GM, new door handles, and an entire marker light lense kit that covers all of the side lights and tail lights. Sand and Street Performance Wiring took care of the harness, computer, and drive by wire. I have the VIN # for the motor and the ECM as well.

The truck is really very nice, and I really think you'd be hard pressed to find one put together like this. It just needs finished up. Finances are dictating some changes for me. I can help load the truck if shipping is your route. Also, you can fly into Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Canton and drive it home. I can meet you there. I wouldn't hesitate to get in the truck right now and drive anywhere in the country.

so fucking cool. someone needs this for a tow rig. fuel injected 496 + gear vendors overdrrive is cool as fuk.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Finally got a chance to look at all of the pictures, FUCK THAT.

SUPER clean, yes, Unique, and practical to a degree, but the wiring in that thing is a total goddamned mess under the hood, I feel that when you leave the wires out like that you've "given up" on your project... I hate my truck sometimes, but at least I loomed the fucking wires!!!

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Finally got a chance to look at all of the pictures, FUCK THAT.

SUPER clean, yes, Unique, and practical to a degree, but the wiring in that thing is a total goddamned mess under the hood, I feel that when you leave the wires out like that you've "given up" on your project... I hate my truck sometimes, but at least I loomed the fucking wires!!!

mine went back in the stock location :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info