The M3 is officially blown...

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
As some of you know, I was installing a supercharger on the M3, and it has been officially finished. We finished the install Saturday night, but when I started the car it threw a code, so I had to get a new sensor this morning. The kit is a Vortech V3 centrifugal charger good for 6 lbs of boost with my setup. Should make 625 flywheep hp, or 530 to 540rwhp. When I first started the car up, it hesitated a little bit and then idled very high, but after 5 minutes the motor and charger were running smooth as butter. I drove the car around a few miles with the SES light on just to make sure that everything was good mechanically, and I could already feel the extra power just driving around town. This morning we fixed the sensor that went bad during the install, and all I can say is WOW. I'm still breaking the supercharger in, so no full throttle runs, but at half throttle in second gear from 3 to 6000rpms the tires just spin. The thing I love most about the kit is how stock the car feels other than the added power, still runs perfect around town and is easy to drive. Can't wait to really open her up on the highway.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Me and some buddies did the install. James the charger is very quiet, you can only hear it whistling at certain rpms, otherwise, you wouldn't hear it at all. The car itself got a lot louder though. I'm pretty sure I'll be at Lukes for a bit Thursday.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Turk coming through with the nuts in throat powah! I would assume it idles high because the cpu was learning various fueling and air issues. Good thing it settled down. in4pics and a run vs zr1

x2 if the batt was disconnected the pcm was relearning fueling and idle control...nothing to worry about

whens the pcm get to your door? keeping the stocker in case you ever demod/sell it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info