Got to drive something out of the ordinary yesterday

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
1953 Morgan "Plus Four"

My uncle is a classic car collector who I see a few times every year, and have seen his cars a few time but never really been in/driven them.

I brought out the ranger yesterday to a family gathering and had him take a spin in it. He had a blast, and gave it 'the beans' a few times.

We came back to his place and he opened the garage and asked me if I wanted to drive his Morgan. I jumped at the opportunity, manual everything (Brakes are terrifying honestly), 4 on the floor, and a dash board that reminds me of a chronograph.

The pictures don't give a good feeling of scale, but from the drivers seat, I could touch the rear tire, and the ground!!!

I drove like an absolute grandmother (Still REALLY cool honestly), but he is taking it to a classic car rally at blackwood farms next week to give it all it has. (Hence the black X to signify he is new, and the number on the door)

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

He also said the next time I come out he will pull out one of his Rolls.

From what i recall, he owns:

A 4 door woody wagon, right hand drive Rolls (Or Bently... I can't recall)

A Rolls "Silver Cloud"

And his pride and joy, that he offered me to drive the next time I'm out:

1953 Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn Drophead - One of 5 ever built, and the only one in north america!!!

*This and the morgan are the only cars he keeps at home, the rest are stored elsewhere*

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Damn man, fuckin sweet collection. he needs to be on the car show with the dude and that awesome mustache. american muscle or something? Either way, I bet it was a memorable drive

Do you remeber those little gas powered cars that you can drive on a 'rail' at 6 flags in Gurnee when you were little (around the log flume ride)?

It reminded me of that, but without the rail :smile:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
haha, hells yeah I remember those. I can imagine these cars are fun and pretty. That is prolly the extent of it. I can't image that car running and handling great, though I have heard otherwise from those older car shows. people tend to brag on how suprised they are with the performance.

It ran good, and the motor felt like it had plenty to give and was quite willing for being over 57 years old. But the suspension was mostly the tires, and I could feel the chassis flex going up his driveway into the garage... He was the one that pointed out that it really had 'little/nothing' in the way of suspension, Lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info