First Car - Love/Hate Relationship, But Still Holds a Place in Your Heart

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
"Not to live in the past.....
But everyone remembers the first car they owned. I’m not talking your parents Minivan you got to barrow to go to prom, but the first one you bought with your own money, where you actually had a sense of ownership. Most of these cars were POS’s; Buick Lesabre’s, Chevy Cavalier’s or whatever you could get for $800-$2,000.

There's a reason we remember our First Cars, not because they were perfect, but because they had Character. In most cases, it was the first time in your life where you could experience freedom. In other cases, it was what held you back.

But whether you said “Good Bye” or “Good Riddance” it will still hold a place in your Heart.

What was your first car? Why did you love it or hate it so much? And how did it shape the way you look at cars now?l"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Mine was my 1993 taurus SHO. Paid $1200 for it, had 168K on the clock. Drove it on and off for 2 years and sold it with 186K

DriversSideFront.jpg

I've purchased/sold 5 SHO Taurii since I owned that car the first time, and still miss owning one to this day. Granted they are a huge bitch to work on, and require a fairly high level of maintenance... Big reason why I learned how to fix/work on cars, was too poor to pay a mechanic to work on it!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
You could figure out a way to hook it to a large dog and pull you backwards in it. Probably a bit rickety though

I would probably just go with a horse so I could joke that my car had one horsepower.

The joke would never get old to me.

People would be like,"Hey, how much horsepower does that thing have?"

And I would be like, "It has one horsepower!!".

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
01 camaro. v6. convertible. i learned everything i know on it. by the time it was gone (got run over by a middle aged housewife in a chevy tahoe...) it had gone through every mode. NA + spray, turbo (rear mount), supercharger (bd-11a + 9psi) and spray.

i loved that thing but i am glad things happened the way it did because the trans was damn near gone (limp mode was now normal mode after a couple runs), rear was FUBARED, motor was a ticking time bomb after a 125 shot, 9psi and the rev limiter and the awesome nutswinger lovin nitrous switch failing on me.
interior was gutted minus the two front seats. fleece replaced the carpet, convertible motor was removed (manual top ftw), etc etc. weighed something like 3280 with me in it. alot better than the 3800 it weighed stock.
S6300094.jpg

*sigh*

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
shitty pic, seems to be my only one. the pic got wet before I scanned it

PontiacParrisienne.jpg

1986 Pontiac Parisienne w/a 307 4 barrel carb. I loved that car, so comfortable and so many memories. I sold it to buy something better though

It had side skirts as well but I took them off and I rolled on Monte Carlo SS wheels :D

edit: I google searched a better pic, and the ones that are the same color all have dubs :picard:

32427090003_large.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info