Suspension!?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So now that my car moves under its own power, I want to start replacing the tired/dead suspension on it.

What brands do you guys like/swear by? *Obviously I'd like input from Import owners if possible as well as domestics*

Since this is a budget project, I was thinking all new bushings *A given* and new OEM struts with Tein S-tech springs *Made for OEM struts, still gives an inch to an inch and a half drop.*

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
tein_logo.gif

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i hears the teins are just for the big drop at a small price... H&R skunk2 is the way to go. of course you should do a full coilover kit for anything more than a 1" drop, or you will most likely just be making the handeling worse

I really just want a 1" drop honestly, cause there is no point in going any lower honestly, because adding swaybars, and new suspension bushings will do WAY more for the handling than dropping the car another .5 inches ever could.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
true that!

this car ate city of Chicago pot holes for most of the past 8 years, and it handled like it was on rails with wider tires last time I had them on and the suspension was probably already destroyed by that point, I can only imagine what it will be like with fresh struts/springs/bushings and some meat.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
just dont go crazy with the sway bars, because they tighten the car up a ton! i know some people who put a too stiff sway bar on the rear of their honda, and it just oversteered like crazy. id say get some nice bushings.... i think polygraphite makes some, as well as all fresh ball joints and tie rod ends. that with the springs and new shocks and you should be very happy. as a bonus, you could go the extra mile and paint the suspension arms and knuckle with a nice coat of rust-olem when they are off, as well as rattle can the wheel well black or spray it with bedliner. that will make a world of difference with the appearance of the car.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
just dont go crazy with the sway bars, because they tighten the car up a ton! i know some people who put a too stiff sway bar on the rear of their honda, and it just oversteered like crazy. id say get some nice bushings.... i think polygraphite makes some, as well as all fresh ball joints and tie rod ends. that with the springs and new shocks and you should be very happy. as a bonus, you could go the extra mile and paint the suspension arms and knuckle with a nice coat of rust-olem when they are off, as well as rattle can the wheel well black or spray it with bedliner. that will make a world of difference with the appearance of the car.

The hatches already have fender liners for the whole fender, so its all black already. I plan on just running stock Integra front and rear brakes/swaybars
*Basically upgrade the prop valve, MC, and replace the whole front suspension/rear suspension with stock DC Integra pieces, because keep in mind, CX Hatches have NO swaybars stock.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
even with the fender liners, id still spray them black. its an old detailers trick. it evens out all the colors to a single color and looks really good.
would this fit your car?http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-98-Spec-ITR-5-Lug-Front-Rear-Disc-Brake-Conversion-P1059C0.aspx

Yea, it would bolt right onto my car, but its missing some REALLY important pieces *Lines, MC/Booster/Propvalve*

The goal/budget is to pickup the whole front/rear swap off an LS for $200-250, so I'll have bigger front disks, I'll have the knuckles that have the mounts front and rear for swaybars, and I'll be able to switch to rear disk.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Not on a Honda, but I had Konis on my old GP and now I have Bilstein on the Regal. Both really woke the car up in the turns and on curves. Especially the highway curves. Id say the Koni kit outhandled the Bilstein just a bit more. However, it was also adjustable and had a 1" drop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info